Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Electric Fuel Pump

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,653 Thanks
  • 8,527 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'm working on a Kohler 22HP twin, CH22S-66538, that has gas leaking into the crankcase.  I have T/S it down to the diaphragm in the fuel pump.  The problem is it doesn't seem like you can get just the diaphragm you have to buy the complete valve cover.  So I'm looking at all options and I know some of you have replaced the OEM fuel pumps with electric pumps.   What pumps have you all used and how have they worked out for you?  Thanks

• larryd and JRJ have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 10:05 AM

If you do a search of threads I started I had just asked this on my 18 hp briggs. Daniel answered the question excellently there. I think just search "electric fuel pump" should find it.
  • HDWildBill and larryd have said thanks

#3 Bud W OFFLINE  

Bud W

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2359
  • 221 Thanks
  • 209 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 11:56 AM

I have a couple of 1886's that have different types of fuel pumps: 1 is stock kohler mechanical, 1 is a pulse pump that works off of the crankcase "pulse" and the other is a small electric "Facet" pump. All work good. I think the least expensive is the pulse pump. I took the mechanical pump out and replaced it with a plate that bolts in place of the pump and it has a 1/8npt hose barb that connects to the "pulse" side of the pump.

• HDWildBill and larryd have said thanks