#31 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 05:31 PM

OK... the sun rose this morning, as per usual. The dust has kinda settled. So......now that the elephants control the House, what do you think is going to happen now? I hear that they now want to kill Obama's health care program and go back to the way things were with millions of citizens shut out of the system. Do you see that as a good thing?

Just asking.

#32 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 06:38 PM

Yes! We want the same health care plan that the senators and congressmen have:D Good enough for them, Good enough for us!

#33 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,290 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 07:09 PM

Yes! We want the same health care plan that the senators and congressmen have:D Good enough for them, Good enough for us!

& the other way around... Obamacare was good enough for the sheep, but not for the leaders. They were exempt.

The Gov't has no jurisdiction here. NO WHERE in the Constitution does it say that the Feds have the right to force me to buy something from a private industry. As for the "Millions" some of those folks just don't want it, most have access to programs that subsidize and don't use it. It's an legislative "Obamanation", and it's probable that no one that voted for it, actually read it. "We'll work out the fine details after it's law" Are you kidding me?

Healthcare: brought to you by the friendly folks at the Post Office & run by the helpful souls at the IRS.

I'm done posting & reading this thread. Hydriv, you're right... they have the Congress... let's wait & see if they make a bigger mess or a smaller one, shall we? If they can at least shrink Gov't control of everything they don't belong in, I'll think it a success.

Back to the original intent of this thread when I started it, if you voted yesterday, thank you for voting.

Edited by MH81, November 03, 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#34 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 09:46 PM

OK... the sun rose this morning, as per usual. The dust has kinda settled. So......now that the elephants control the House, what do you think is going to happen now? I hear that they now want to kill Obama's health care program and go back to the way things were with millions of citizens shut out of the system. Do you see that as a good thing?

Just asking.

they only have control of the house they cant repeal or set anything new. its only going to dead lock the legislature.
no one can be turned away for medical care in the US. the only difference now is its all "paid" for. add 60 million people to the program... and DONT raise costs? L-O-L. its "budget neutral"
theyre going to lower the compensation for these doctors... just like medicare does. the good ones will be private (Ca$h) only.
lower pay, lower availability, more patients, its even worse.
the cost for health care is out of control... no doubt. one of the most significant costs is insurance because of those malpractice lawsuits. No one complains about them?
some people feel that health care is a right. no its not. its a service. if it was a right who is obligated to serve you?
who is obligated to spend an extra decade of their life in school spending a couple hundred thousand for you?
and yes, if it was rollback we would be much better off. after all it is the best health care system in the world. not dollar for dollar efficiency wise but for survival and new developments

#35 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted November 04, 2010 - 10:45 PM

A little peeved after elections. Another recount here in MN. This time it's the Governor's position. If the count goes on too long (into January) we'll for sure have a left over Republican Governor, Republican House, and Republican Senate cutting back on education funding some more. Along with that, our district's referendum vote failed. The possibility of not having a job next year is sure getting in the way of funding my tractor addiction. Oh yeah, and feeding our family and paying the rest of the bills as well. Grrr. It sure stinks when the higher ups (state) don't see the value in vocational education.