• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,264 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 07:17 AM

For those of us in the States, don't forget to vote today.

Edited by MH81, November 02, 2010 - 12:48 PM.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,679 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 07:25 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 07:26 AM

Could be a big one for us folks in Nazzichusetts....

#4 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 07:55 AM

Could be a big one for us folks in Nazzichusetts....

As I see it, this vote will be a big one for the entire country.

You guys had two terms of the dumbest effing President that ever got put into power and he took your once great nation and dumped it into the toilet with crippling debt. Why anyone would think that a new President could turn that mess around by the half-way point of his first term is nothing short of naive. And now.......a whole bunch of you are poised to cripple the current administration by taking away the necessary majorities needed in both houses to get new legislation passed.

Those who learn NOTHING from the past are doomed to repeat it.

What's next? President Palin? The whole world is watching. It's your country. THINK and make the right choices. Stop blaming Obama for the huge pile of s*&t left behind by GW and leave him with the tools to clean it up.

#5 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 08:05 AM

I was the first to vote at my polling place this morning. But since I live in the state of Chicago, in a small suburb called THE REST OF ILLINOIS, my vote doesn’t mean much except for the local county races.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 08:35 AM

Couldn't keep me from the polls if you tried!

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,264 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 09:57 AM

You guys had two terms of the dumbest effing President that ever got put into power and he took your once great nation and dumped it into the toilet with crippling debt. Why anyone would think that a new President could turn that mess around by the half-way point of his first term is nothing short of naive. And now.......a whole bunch of you are poised to cripple the current administration by taking away the necessary majorities needed in both houses to get new legislation passed.

What's next? President Palin? The whole world is watching. It's your country. THINK and make the right choices. Stop blaming Obama for the huge pile of s*&t left behind by GW and leave him with the tools to clean it up.

I'll agree that GW wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but not the worst either. Our hope for him as a nation was emulation of the Best president in 3 decades. We didn't get what we hoped for.

As for our expectations for our current President... the only people who really believed he could fix it fast were a %age of the people who voted for him. As for myself and (dare I say it) a growing portion of the populous, we hoped he could because that's what he promised he would do.

If the votes come in as pundits believe, I see this as a restraining order rather than damnation of effort. A significant slice of the American pie-chart are God-fearing, gun toting, backwoods-ers who cherish our 2nd Amendment and do not want larger Government, but a smaller Federal Govt that works w/in the parameters of our Constitution and stays the Hell out of our way.
If decisions are to be made, they are to be at the State level, unless specified as a Federal jurisdiction.
That's what it was designed to be, that's what allowed our citizens the latitude to do great things & it put us ahead of the curve for so many years. Lord Willing we will regain some of our former intestinal fortitude and at least strive to be better than we are now. We also want a Gov't that lives within it's means (as for pointing fingers in the debt dept, have you seen the "Bar Tab" for this administration??? Yeah GW was quick to fund, but we're now officially screwed.)

As for Learning from our past... we're trying not to learn the lessons of Stallin the hard way.

I do not want this to become a political viewpoint thread, I only started it as a reminder for people to do their best to vote today & whatever your viewpoint, let your voice be heard at the ballot box.

#8 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 12:49 PM

Stop blaming Obama for the huge pile of s*&t left behind by GW and leave him with the tools to clean it up.

If those tools include the people in office in Massachusetts, then I hope he finds some other tools somewhere else because we're sick of the tools we have now.

:mad2:

#9 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 03:12 PM

Got out and voted this morning. Some interesting elections this part of the country.

#10 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 03:34 PM

I do not want this to become a political viewpoint thread, I only started it as a reminder for people to do their best to vote today & whatever your viewpoint, let your voice be heard at the ballot box.

All I have to say is if you don't vote, you've no right to B%#&h about the outcome...whatever it may be!

#11 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:46 PM

is this a joke??
"Those who learn NOTHING from the past are doomed to repeat it. "
Exactly the point. More spending, more taxes, more regulation wont make more jobs. Never has and it never will.

#12 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 06:04 PM

I'll just be glad when the votes are counted & the mud slinging is over. I try to keep mum on politics on forums like GTT. Just never seems to be fruitful for GTT's purpose. I cannot stop myself from saying one thing though.....Obama didn't create any of the mess we are in. All I will say on the matter.

#13 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 06:35 PM

I'll just be glad when the votes are counted & the mud slinging is over. I try to keep mum on politics on forums like GTT. Just never seems to be fruitful for GTT's purpose. I cannot stop myself from saying one thing though.....Obama didn't create any of the mess we are in. All I will say on the matter.

Thats funny. He only tripled the debt and keeps the unemployment rate up with his tactics

#14 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,679 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 06:40 PM

Thats funny. He only tripled the debt and keeps the unemployment rate up with his tactics

I have to agree....

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 06:56 PM

Don't you guys go getting too out of hand, don't want to have to put yas in your own internet corners for timeout LOL