25 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 06:23 PM

No "Purge" means throw away!!

so then you did the "dumpster dive" and stocked up huh?

#17 rrmeidl OFFLINE  

rrmeidl
  • Member No: 12759
  • 33 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 12:41 PM

Ya you could say that. LOL. It would make you cry to see what was all tossed. Saw over 50 KT19 and M18 shortblocks taken out of the boxes and smashed with a hammer.

#18 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 07:16 PM

Someone needed to "harvest" that pile! 

I fail to get their logic. These are the very engines that got Kohler noticed, that gave them their long standing reputation as a commercial duty engine that does the job and lasts for years....  not the new crap they build these days.  Its like they are ashamed to have been an American company that made a good product.,.. There are soooo many K and M series engines 40 and more years old still running... you wont see many of today's new engines running in 20 years let alone 40 or 50 I am so tired of the "disposable" world we live in... if parts are even available, these days one part is now priced too close to what the whole machine costs new, to replace to be economically feasible to fix them!////  there is no way any one part singly is worth as much as a whole unit.....

#19 rrmeidl OFFLINE  

rrmeidl
  • 33 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:39 PM

I can understand the company not stocking the parts anymore but to just throw them away is a waste. Oh well, the world we live in now!!

• dodge trucker said thank you

#20 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 10:32 AM

I can understand the company not stocking the parts anymore but to just throw them away is a waste. Oh well, the world we live in now!!

yeah that would make more sense,  or at least sell this old overstock to someone that can use it... even at $.20 on the dollar, that would net them more than they get the way they did it  and these parts would still be available... I never understood the destroy and scrap mentality... I used to work at Sears and the stuff that was "written off" destroyed and put in a dumpster would blow your mind

#21 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 10:12 AM

lemme know...   thanks..  just so you know I am not expecting  a "bolt on and run" deal... what ever I get will be dunked and kitted...

I have dunked mine about 4X now and after a day even the outside of it looks like it was dredged up from the bottom of a lake... all crusty and such.  so no tellin what the inside may look like   and I have no way to find out w/o totally destroying it either

Have your tried putting the carb in a Ultrasonic Cleaner.  Harbor Freight sells one for about $80, and you can knock $16 off that with a 20% coupon.  I've heard the U/S works real good for cleaning carbs--use water and a little Simple Green (be sure to leave the plastic strainer in the bottom of the tank or the unit will burn out).

HTH

Utah Smitty

#22 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 10:13 AM

They often destroy NOS to force people to buy new products--Capitalism at it's worst!!

Smitty

#23 rrmeidl OFFLINE  

rrmeidl
  • 33 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 12:54 PM

They often destroy NOS to force people to buy new products--Capitalism at it's worst!!

Smitty

You got it Smitty!! I'm trying to save what I can

#24 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Have your tried putting the carb in a Ultrasonic Cleaner.  Harbor Freight sells one for about $80, and you can knock $16 off that with a 20% coupon.  I've heard the U/S works real good for cleaning carbs--use water and a little Simple Green (be sure to leave the plastic strainer in the bottom of the tank or the unit will burn out).

HTH

Utah Smitty

no but have been thinking of finding one  I am not a HF fan in the least though...

#25 rrmeidl OFFLINE  

rrmeidl
  • 33 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:52 AM

I can get you a new carb for $75 or a used one for $25 plus shipping but not sure of how good the used one is. Once you start going with used carbs it can just get worse.

#26 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:28 PM

I got a carb already thanks  Used it is but it looks very clean.  Still need the crank and the starter cup for the M12

oh yeah,  and a flywheel screen for that 12 HP, too....

I am looking hard at getting that new crank you offered  but gotta wait a bit to do so...

Edited by dodge trucker, June 19, 2013 - 05:29 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wanted, wanted, kohler