#16 SearsYellow ONLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 02:56 PM

Err.. I just replied to everyone and the browser went back when I hit delete... I'll do it again later.

Edited by SearsYellow, June 01, 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Err.. I just replied to everyone and the browser went back when I hit delete... I'll do it again later.

Same thing happened to me today after a lengthy bit of typing & adding pics.  Don't ya hate when that happens!!  :wallbanging:

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 06:05 PM

I got it FIXED... HECK YEAH! I had to move the rod that goes from the carb to the governor to the very back hole on the governor arm. Once I did that I went outside and mowed. Another thing it might have been is I ran out of gas and had to put fresh gas in it. I had fresh gas mixed with one year old gas. It does let a puff of white smoke when I throttle it up but it doesn't smoke like it did. I am going to order a new set of headgaskets because they looked pretty bad when i took the heads off.

I was so happy I went and mowed the neighbors yard (they are not home...hehe). Now I have a few issues with the deck but it mows great. I probably need to sharpen blades and grease everything up.

The old gas mix in itself will cause this cruddy running.  Ya should have told us it had some old gas in it!  :smilewink:   Glad she's running smooth!  :thumbs:

#19 SearsYellow ONLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 08:23 PM

The gas didn't smell bad. It wasn't the gas that was making it run cruddy. It could been 20% of the problem but not the full problem.