• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 10:29 AM

Dad picked up 2 tubes at TSC & went to air them up after installing.  BOTH ripped over a foot on the inner circle next to the rims.  TOTAL TRASH tubes from China.  I told him to get tubes from a place 30 miles away because I get my GT tubes there in Good Year or Firestone for less than what TSC wants for their China cheapies.  He called my place & they had them in what size we needed in Firestone brand.  He took off to fetch them.

The TSC tubes were so trashy, I took the sides of the rip & lightly pulled....less than the pull to work a good zipper, and they just ripped further like they were made of rice paper.  They were thick enough, but crap rubber.

• daytime dave, MH81, Alc and 7 others have said thanks

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the "heads-up "

• larryd said thank you

#3 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 10:39 AM

Sorry that you had to make another trip to fix the issue!!  We see the same here at work with reproduction automotive weather strips that come from Taiwan and China, the rubber is usually JUNK.

• larryd said thank you

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 10:42 AM

No quality control on a lot of stuff made over there. Sometimes I think the stock could be old as well, although a tube would need to be pretty old to go to pieces simply because of age. It sucks because it slows you down and even if you get the money back for the tubes you're still out the time wasted dealing with it.

• larryd said thank you

#5 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 10:53 AM

Thats just the tip of the iceburg with TSC! The creaps don't post prices on thier web sight for certain items and if htey can, whack ya silly at the register for them! Case in point : center link for cat. "0" all the dealers around me selling it for just around $15 for the short one , TSC wanted $29 at one store and $39 at another ... Thats just wrong in my books!! And they are pretty much off my list!!!!
  • larryd said thank you

#6 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the information Daniel.  I need a tube for one of my walk behind snow blowers.  I'll keep this in mind.

• larryd said thank you

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 11:18 AM

I also have had problems with their tubes, yep junk.

Also, they list 10" and 12" rims on some of their tubes... how's that work??? 

It works by you spending an hour cussing at it before you figure out the box lies.

• larryd said thank you

#8 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 11:28 AM

I stopped going to TSC when Rural King opened a store near me. They are SO much better than TSC.

Unfortunately, they only cover a few states right now.  Hopefully they will expand as they are a TRUE Ag store as opposed to TSC.

Their pricing is very good as well.  The up side for you folks that don't have one near you is that they WILL ship.

www.ruralking.com

Edited by OldBuzzard, May 28, 2013 - 11:29 AM.

• Alc, larryd and Marty'70 have said thanks

#9 Marty'70 ONLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 730 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 12:10 PM

Thats just the tip of the iceburg with TSC! The creaps don't post prices on thier web sight for certain items and if htey can, whack ya silly at the register for them! Case in point : center link for cat. "0" all the dealers around me selling it for just around $15 for the short one , TSC wanted $29 at one store and $39 at another ... Thats just wrong in my books!! And they are pretty much off my list!!!!

Have seen that same scenario on several other items in the tsc store. 

• larryd said thank you

#10 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 12:49 PM

Can you even buy tubes that aren't made in China ?

I looked at the tubes at Tractor supply a few months ago, saw they were Chinese. Rather then buying them there, I bought two on eBay for the price they wanted for one. They both seem to be working ok, guess time will tell.
  • larryd said thank you

#11 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,717 Thanks
  • 4,275 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 12:59 PM

I wonder what the shelf life is on a tube today? I had a spare 16" on the shelf that was still new in the package. I thought it was only 2-3 years old. when I opened it and unfolded it the thing looked like someone took a knife to everywhere it was folded. It just fell apart.

• MH81, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#12 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 02:08 PM

thanx for the infos Daniel. this "problem" you'll see everywhere, here in D too. people often think they buy economically priced, but often it's only brand new trash.

and very often people think that their work is especially worthy - but all the other goods and services must be cheap.

I know your dad hadn't thought this way - but it was a need to write this from my heart :wave:

edit: is this images.jpeg ???

Edited by jd.rasentrac, May 28, 2013 - 02:14 PM.

• larryd said thank you

#13 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yep jd, that is the place we're talking about.  Their products have been slipping & sliding for some time now.  If you pay attention, you can still get good stuff from them, but certainly not all their stuff.

#14 Cheetah OFFLINE  

Cheetah
  • Member No: 35081
  • 57 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 02:47 PM

I bought 4 tubes for my 12" wheels from TSC. Upon taking them from the box, I wondered why they looked so small. I really had a struggle to get it on the rim. When I went to blow it up, it wouldn't. The tube had a hole in it. I know I was careful with the tire irons when putting the tire back on. Turns out near the stem was where it had a hole, no where near where I would have put a tire iron. After fighting to get the tube back over the rim, I made up my mind the other 3 were going back. I picked up the boxes, and to my surprise, these tubes not only fit 12" wheels, but also were made to fit 20x8x8 wheels. Huh???? No wonder I fought to get the tube on and off the rim (Arrghhh!!). I didn't see that before I had bought them... Not buying anymore tubes from them, that's for sure!

• MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#15 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 04:41 PM

Thank you guys for the TSC "heads-up".

I go past a Rural King to and from work everyday, and stop at least 2 times a week even if I don't need anything in particular....Heck, they ALWAYS have popcorn!