• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 romad OFFLINE  

romad

• Member No: 1486
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 07:20 PM

I'm helping a neighbor out who is not computer literate. He wants to get his Snapper 1855 going and wants a diagram for the hydraulic system. What is a good source for this?

I've asked him to bring me as much info off the data plate as possible to see exactly which model 1855 he has.

Are there any reputable off-line parts suppliers for this equipment, or can he just order parts for it from our local Tractor Supply Company (TSC)?

#2 triumph66 OFFLINE  

triumph66

• Member No: 1489
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 01:58 AM

Go to the "Manual" section of this site. Yesterday, I just found (and printed out) the EXACT manual that you are looking for. There are manuals here that I never dreamed of finding!!!!! This is a GREAT site!!!
  • romad said thank you

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 04:42 AM

romad,and triumph66 :welcometogttalk:glad to have both of you guys join us.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:20 AM

Both of yas welcome to GTtalk. The 1855 is a great tractor, still waiting to find a nice one for myself. We do have quite a few manuals for the 1450/1650 1655/1855 tractors. They are in the manuals section of the site at Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk

#5 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,625 Thanks
  • 3,867 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 06:49 AM

Parts tree has some of the parts.
Partstree.com - Genuine replacement parts for Toro, Echo, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, Lawn Boy (Lawnboy), lawn equipment (lawn mowers, saws, blowers, trimmers, snow blowers) and Tecumseh, Kohler and Briggs and Stratton Engines.
Your local MF/Agco dealer Has some parts as well.
I have got belts and paint from them.
A lot of stuff can be fabricated or machined to be better than new.
I am presently building a rear pto for the 50 series and the next one will be for the 55 series. Using U joints instead of all those splined couplersand everything will have a grease fitting. Should be bullet prove.
  • romad said thank you

#6 romad OFFLINE  

romad

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 10:54 AM

Go to the "Manual" section of this site. Yesterday, I just found (and printed out) the EXACT manual that you are looking for. There are manuals here that I never dreamed of finding!!!!! This is a GREAT site!!!

I tried, but for some reason, it wouldn't open OR download. Probably because I'm new here. I'm going to try again today to see if I can at least open it in Firefox and then take a snapshot of any sections that might fit what he wants.

Edit: Nope, I'm still not allowed to access them.

Edited by romad, November 02, 2010 - 11:06 AM.

#7 romad OFFLINE  

romad

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:01 AM

Parts tree has some of the parts.
Partstree.com - Genuine replacement parts for Toro, Echo, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, Lawn Boy (Lawnboy), lawn equipment (lawn mowers, saws, blowers, trimmers, snow blowers) and Tecumseh, Kohler and Briggs and Stratton Engines.
Your local MF/Agco dealer Has some parts as well.
I have got belts and paint from them.
A lot of stuff can be fabricated or machined to be better than new.
I am presently building a rear pto for the 50 series and the next one will be for the 55 series. Using U joints instead of all those splined couplersand everything will have a grease fitting. Should be bullet prove.

Thanks for the info, but since he doesn't use computers any source on-line won't help. However I will check to see if they have a hard copy catalog they can send him.

OT: Love your avatar; when I worked at the county library, I used the same picture on signs to show which computers were out-of-order!

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:02 AM

romad,
It may have changed,but you used to have to have a certain number of posts ( five I think ) before you could download any manuals.But like I said ,that may have changed by now.

#9 romad OFFLINE  

romad

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:13 AM

Oh, I was able to "download" something, but it wasn't the manual. What I got when I clicked on the Download button was something called "download.php" Now I'm told the limit is 2 manuals per day so I reached my limit yesterday trying to figure out how the downloads work on this board; seems like every board on the Internet use a different system ;)

Anyway I just tried again and I'm still barred from downloading until tomorrow.

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:20 AM

Can you tell me what browser you use? I need to figure out why some people have trouble and some don't. The current setting is three manuals a day. Depending on the browser you are using or the settings on your browser the manuals may download automatically to a particular folder. Firefox, ie and chrome all do this unless you have set it to ask you where to save files to.

#11 romad OFFLINE  

romad

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:34 AM

I'm using Firefox 3.6.12 running on Mac OS 10.5.8. Normally, if I click on a download link, a pdf link will either open in a new tab, or I'll get a download dialog box. If I RIGHT-click on the link I have more options. I also have the Firefox add-on DownloadThemAll installed. BTW, the message I get is only 2 downloads per day.

BTW, I also have the following browsers for Mac OS X installed if you'd like me to help troubleshooting:

Camino
iCab
OmniWeb
Safari
Stainless

Edited by romad, November 02, 2010 - 11:43 AM.
added list of Mac OS X browsers

#12 romad OFFLINE  

romad

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:39 AM

I was able to get the service manual, operator's manual, and 4 different parts lists from other sources I found in a different Google search this morning. Now I need to determine what to print out.

Once I get the data plate info, I'll post it to see if anyone here has the exact same model.

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:44 AM

You can try getting the manual again. I adjusted the settings. We have a couple members that have difficulties downloading manuals and I am still trying to figure out the exact cause of the issue. I have tested it on all browsers and I can't reproduce the error even logged in as a test user with 0 posts. So I need to rely on what everyone tells me and go from there.

#14 romad OFFLINE  

romad

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 12:42 PM

You can try getting the manual again. I adjusted the settings. We have a couple members that have difficulties downloading manuals and I am still trying to figure out the exact cause of the issue. I have tested it on all browsers and I can't reproduce the error even logged in as a test user with 0 posts. So I need to rely on what everyone tells me and go from there.

Ah-Hah, I was successful but with a twist.

The trick was to NOT download the manual through any of the download options I was given by Firefox/Mac OS X but to select the "Open with..." option. Doing that would then allow me to save a copy from within Adobe Reader. Convoluted but it worked

#15 romad OFFLINE  

romad

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 04, 2010 - 09:00 PM

The Snapper 1855 Service Manual in the Manuals area here is missing a major section. According to the table of contents, there are 10 sections in the manual, however the copy available for download here is missing Section 9, which is exactly the section my friend needs. It covers the Power Take Off Systems.

Does anyone have a COMPLETE copy of the manual? If so could you scan Section 9 and either upload it or email it to me?

BTW, my friend has a model 1855A.