Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Featured Tractor Nominations for the Month of December 2010 Now Being Accepted.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#31 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:18 AM

Wow this is going to be a different Month for sure Larry

#32 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:23 AM

I think having more nominations might spur even more voting. Thanks George for expanding nominations.:thumbs:

#33 kingkw OFFLINE  

kingkw

• Contributor
  • Member No: 887
  • 1 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:45 AM

I would like to share my Ariens GT19 with all of you. I purchased it this summer about 290 miles away from where I live. I found it on Craig’s list where it was advertised with a 48” snow blower, cab, weight box, and a 60” mowing deck. It needed lots of TLC. The first thing I found was that it wouldn’t stay running to get it on the trailer. I noticed when I first was looking at it that the bottom of the cab behind the seat was over the fuel cap and the globe was missing from the cap. I ran the tractor off some fuel that the owner had in a can and took it home. I drained the tank and flushed it out after removing it. Word to the wise watch the fuel cap andAriens_Snow_1.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Ariens_Snow_2.jpg

Edited by kingkw, November 02, 2010 - 12:05 PM.

#34 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 12:07 PM

We need three more.

#35 Vin122 OFFLINE  

Vin122

• Member No: 1414
  • 2 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 01:00 PM

Hmmm, might have to try to put together my 125 this evening..... After fixing brakes on my daughter's car, everyone knows brakes are an easy and fast job!

#36 cc147 OFFLINE  

cc147

• Member No: 296
  • 2 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 01:29 PM

ok here is my daughters 1969 cub cadet 105. i got this tractor through a wheel horse trade because the other party wanted the horse and Ariel wanted a bigger cadet. we use the tractor mostly as a utility around the yard and garden as well as winter duties.we also use this as well as a 147 for many shows through the year as well as several plow days and home garden plowing. since ive had this 105 i have added headlights,and a brinly hitch and top link. i hav0214101542a.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 1220091225.jpg

#37 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 03:26 PM

Well I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring.

DSCN1788.jpg

This is my 1994 Wheel Horse 314. There's not a lot of back story to tell about it though. It belonged to my wifes grandparents, and when they passed on, we bought their house from the estate, and this came with the deal. For several years it was used for mowing only.
There was also a snow/dirt blade that was sitting in the back corner of the barn when we bought the place. I knew that it was for a Wheel Horse, but also knew that there was a lot of parts missing from it, including the mounting hardware and the hand lever for pivoting the blade.
Last year when I started really getting into GT's, I thought it might be fun (and a real labor saver) so I dragged the plow out of the corner and fabricated some mounting hardware. I had no idea what the mounts were supposed to be like, so I just made it work.
I also fabricated the pivot lever out of a piece of 1/2 rigid conduit and some bicycle brake parts that I had lying around.
I Bought a JD112 that a friend found for me when I said I was looking for some wheel weights and chains. The Deere came with 2 sets of 35 Lb weights (one JD, one IH) and a decent set of 4 link cleated chains...and thats what provides the traction on the rear.
So that's the story...It's not real pretty, but we had record breaking levels of snowfall last year and I sure was thankful to have it!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1781.jpg
  • DSCN1786.jpg

#38 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 04:19 PM

Here is where we stand. I can't bend the rules and wait for updates to be made a couple days from now. We currently have 11 nominations. There are 3 that don't abide by the rules. If the 3 that don't abide by the rules don't update their nomination they will be removed. We will accept two more nominations that follow the rules stated in the first post of this thread. After we receive two more this thread will be closed. I will give the guys that nominated their tractors first but not properly till 12 midnight to fix what they are missing. If that doesn't happen the other substitutes will be put in place.

Here are the ones that need their nominations changed:
man with many tractors -> You need a pic of your nomination with some sort of snow / winter attire.
vin122 -> You need a pic of your nomination with some sort of snow / winter attire.
kwj427 -> You need at least a 2 paragraph description.

#39 Vin122 OFFLINE  

Vin122

• Member No: 1414
  • 2 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 04:37 PM

NUTNDUN, no prob here, I'll try another month....

#40 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 04:43 PM

[quote name='NUTNDUN']Yes, we will expand it to 10 for December for the holiday spirit.

Maybe throw in a twist.something like must be dressed for the holiday.

#41 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:20 PM

Maybe throw in a twist.something like must be dressed for the holiday.

Yes,they must be "dressed " in Winter attire .(ie: snow removal equipment,such as snow blowers or blades,etc. )

#42 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:28 PM

This is my 1974 mf12g. I bought it about 4 years ago with carb problems. The engine has been rebuilt and new carb installed. I found some 26x12x12 Carlisle Super Lugs at a garage sale and decided to replace the original 23x8.5x12's with them. I had to raise and tub the seat pan to get them to fit. It has 55 pound wheel weights on the outside of each wheel and 80 pounds on the insides. The tires are also loaded with windshield washer/deicer fluid and wrapped with chains.
I also use this tractor to drag logs & firewood out of the woods, plow gardens, and pull trailers or about anything else I can hook a chain to. Love this tractor!DSC01060.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01047.jpg
  • DSC01064.jpg
  • DSC01053.jpg

#43 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:30 PM

NUTNDUN, no prob here, I'll try another month....

Ok I will remove your nomination then. Thank you.

#44 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:43 PM

Well this appears to be a pretty good turn out! Theres some real nice tractors here, and lots of MF's. :)

#45 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 06:08 PM

Broken2,that's a sharp looking 12 with those 26's on it.