Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Featured Tractor Nominations for the Month of December 2010 Now Being Accepted.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#16 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 08:28 PM

PICT0265.jpg
Not fitted for winter duty, but it will be. I am gonna build a plow for it in welding class. The blade was for a simplicity plow.
Right now its in fall mode lol.

Anyway, lets get down to business:
This is a 1966 sears suburban 12. I got it about 3 months ago. It didnt have spark or good points. It came with a mower deck. The mower deck was very sound. No holes just surface rust. I greased her all up and had here running in about 3 weeks. Since then it has went through 2 different floats. And when I got it the bowl drain was bad, so I cliped it off and but a bolt and a piece of rubber over the hole. It has been an awesome tractor since. It has out pulled every one of my tractors (excluding the gravely or the H). It has gone through mud with a 100+ pound drag that my GT6000 would get stuck in. Today it wanted to run like crap, so I figured out that it was the condencer jumping around and not getting a good ground, once I bolted it down it ran like it was new (ok, now where near "like" new).

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 08:47 PM

I don't want to be a stickler or anything but could ya at least pretend and take a pic of the tractor with the plow sitting in front of it?

#18 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 09:13 PM

If there's any newer members who would like to post there tractors this month then mine can be taken off so that the newer members can have a turn.Larry

Oh no ya don't! That snow machine needs to stay on the nomination page!

#19 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 09:39 PM

I'll throw my 1650 Snapper in the running for snow machines. I bought this tractor in a package deal a little over a year ago. I got 2 running tractors and 2 parts tractors along with a bunch of other parts. I knew a friend of mine was really wanting a snow blower tractor so I sold him one of the 1650's with a blower and kept this one. It has the cat 0 three point hitch and the 2000 rpm power take off on it. This tractor was in very good condition and did not need any mechanical or cosmetic work at all. I did add 8 gallons of windshield washer fluid to each rear tire and put a new set of chains on it but otherwise it is just as I bought it. It has the 42 inch snow blower on it.
I have used this 1650 a lot this summer. I build a set of fork lift forks to use on the three point hitch and can carry 250 pounds on a pallet. I also have a 12 inch Brinly plow that I used at our plow day and had a blast plowing with it. It is a real nice tractor to drive and with it's dual hydraulic setup on it it is fun to use.
I built a three point rear blade to use to blade my driveway with and to add some extra weight also. I made a three point hitch adapter out of an old 2 inch reciever hitch. The blade is built so it has 2 positions. I can slide the blade in closer to the tractor for better manuvering or pull a pin and slide it out for more reach while using it.
Posted Image

#20 greg H OFFLINE  

greg H

• Member No: 823
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 11:18 PM

Snowcaster raised, showing hoses and cable.jpg Well, here are a couple photos of my pride and joy-toy, my 1990 Massey Ferguson 316GTX, built for MF by Ingersoll, as an Ing4016. This little tractor earns it's keep, and is used year-round. It is powered by a Kohler Magnum 16hpTwin, with a hydraulic pump directly coupled to the engine, plumbed to a double spool hydraulic valve between the frame, with one valve spool for the travel control, proportional F-N-R, and the second valve spool for the mid-mount hyd. cylinder used for the mower deck lift, and to raise the front plow and as shown in the photos, my 48" hyd. powered Case Snowcaster. I modified this snowcaster to be powered by a hydraulic motor, and the chute rotates and tilts by gear motor and linear actuator, from DPDT switches on the dash. The blue curly cord with the trailer wiring couplers feed the power to these controls. I ran hoses to a secondary aux. hyd. double spool valve, with one circuit powering the homebuilt 3pt. hitch, and the other valve acting as a hyd. PTO, feeding power to the snowcaster, my 48" hyd. Ingersoll tiller, and the hoist on my homebuilt dump trailer. I have many more attachments and for front and rear, and certainly value the ruggedness of this little machine.
There is plenty of traction to the rear wheels from the large hyd. motor coupled to the rugged two-speed rear transaxle. The stock rear 16" rims have 27" tall, 8.50 X 16" turf tires, with a pair of 75 lb cast iron wheel weights, plus I carry 170 lb of cast pig-iron ingots on a weight bracket on the 3pt. hitch for the winter.
This tractor did not come with power steering, however I have bought a complete P/S system from an Ingersoll tractor, and hope to have this installed before winter. I also have a couple more projects lined up for my tractor, I have an FEL partially built, and have sketches to build a winter cab and a new power angle front plow for better landscaping and snow clearing control.
I never get bored or tired of playing with and working my little Massey, and plan to enjoy it for many more years.

-Greg Hiltz

Attached Thumbnails

• Rear shot showing hyd. hoses hookups.jpg
  • 035.jpg

#21 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 11:52 PM

Not that I was gonna enter this one, I gotta get decals back on first, she just don't look right. but wow, this whole thing started and end while I was at work. Guess I'll have to hope for better timing when I am ready. lol

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:18 AM

The spots did fill up pretty quick. I am trying to do better with getting letting everyone know asap to get their nominations in. I will get the tractors posted in the poll this afternoon after work. Looks like a good bit of red this time around, almost like you guys are getting ready for xmas or something LOL

#23 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:40 AM

The spots did fill up pretty quick.

Yes they did,unlike last month which was two or three days.

#24 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 06:25 AM

I will toss mine in for the running, although to be honest, this is last years photo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

This is my 1974 Massey Ferguson 12G outfitted with a highly modified 48" Craftsman blade. I had to custom build the entire mounting system using the basic idea of the original hook up. The blade is lifted using the original mid-lift by a heavy chain and shackle to allow it to float. I was able to attach the handle and release design that came with the plow to pivot the blade. This was done with the use of a custom bracket attached under the battery box that is removed with the plow.

Shown in this photo, my tractor has the cheap plastic wheel weights and the tires are loaded. I also have a set of chains for it, and just finished a custom rear weight box which attaches to the rear of the frame. With about 200lbs for the wheels, the weight box puts in in over 425lbs of weight. The front tires have been replaced bu now with a set of 4.80 x 8 narrow tri-ribs on narrowed wheels to help it steer a bit better. I also hope to have time and enough weight to build about a 50lb to 75lb front weight to plant the tri-ribs down solid. This combo makes for an almost unstoppable plowing machine that I am very glad to have when those Nor'Easter's come to visit us!

Edited by FirefyterEmt, November 02, 2010 - 05:16 PM.

#25 Vin122 OFFLINE  

Vin122

• Member No: 1414
  • 2 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 09:45 AM

I'd post my 125 in the running but I doesn't have the blade on yet. It will be on by this Saturday! Here's my story on it. In August of 2008 a friend said he had a couple of Cub Cadets laying around that he had to get rid of. I pulled my trailer to his place and picked up 4 Cub Cadets, all in very poor condition, a Model 123, and 3 Model 125s. This particular Cub had a homemade hydro lift on it, when he picked it up with the Bobcat forks he broke an elbow on the one hose, so by the time I got home the whole right side of it was splattered with hydraulic fluid. Fast forward to September 2010, I am in the midst of fixing up one of the other 125s(which I thought was the best one...), and I am having issues with everything... Then on October 3rd I could not get the steering wheel shaft to turn smoothly, I then checked the steering on this hydro lift 125 and it was smooth, I then got looking at it closer and figured it was in good shape so I changed direction and started messing with it. I took the carb off and cleaned it and put a carb kit in, I used some emery cloth and cleaned the points, I put on a new spark plug, hooked up a battery and it fired up and ran wonderfully! There was no hood on this when I got it and it sat outside for the 2 plus years that I have had it. All tires were flat and in poor shape so I put 4 different tires on and drove it off my trailer and drove it around for 10 minutes - I was amazed that this thing ran, and it runs very well !!! No smoke, and starts very easily! However there was no reverse, so I swapped the trans and rear from the other 125 project and took off the hydro lift thing, added a manual lift, then used it to plow a couple rounds at Glenn Peterson's Western Wisconsin Plow Day on October 16th !!!

This 125 is now in the process of getting fluid filled turf tires, weights, and chains installed. I will also put new points in, and check everything else. I'll clean it up, and possibly add some paint to it. Plus I will have the plow in the front later this week. On Saturday my sister and her husband are coming over to drive it and decide if it will work for plowing their driveway, my sister is pregnant and due in January, this Cub Cadet 125 will help them with their snow removal duties!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2008-08-13 011.jpg
  • O and 125-1.jpg

Edited by Vin122, November 02, 2010 - 12:54 PM.
2 paragraphs...

#26 kwj427 OFFLINE  

kwj427

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 389
  • 56 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 10:54 AM

i will try this time, not lots of snow in tn. thanks kenny
P1000685.jpg

#27 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:06 AM

I the past,we have sometimes had trouble getting just five nominations.This time they are pouring in.:D

#28 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:07 AM

Maybe nominations can be expanded to 10? How bout it George?

#29 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:12 AM

Maybe nominations can be expanded to 10? How bout it George?

Yes, we will expand it to 10 for December for the holiday spirit. Just a note though, this thread will be closed as soon as we reach 12 nominations. The last two nominations are going to be backups in case the current two that need fixed are not fixed. Right now as it stands the tractors are supposed to be in their winter gear and at least a two paragraph description. There are two current entries that will be dismissed if these items are not added.

#30 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:17 AM

Yes, we will expand it to 10 for December for the holiday spirit.

:thumbs::thumbs: