2 replies to this topic

#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,483 Thanks
  • 6,360 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 10:51 PM

I have 4ft sandblast cab and have been doing it last two days and painting in between. Working on the Speedex and wheels off the 990 and a GT14, bot same size/kind. Odd that on the wheels is sometimes what looks like might have been a run or smear and that thing just takes LOTS of blasting to get off! Can't see the lines when wheel is out and normal, but shows once you blast around it. I had some today that I ended up scraping with my knife to get them broken up some, then finished them with blast. Now and then there is a drop of paint or so and it is same way. Wonder why that paint has such a hold in that little strip when the rust just blows off instantly? One pair of wheels for Cucumber Clunker are now silver, One set for GT14 are primed, but will be MM Yellow soon, and not sure on Speedex color, probly not yellow tho, maybe off White. They are in process of blasting, they seem to be harder to do, with more rust than others. The Speedex frame pieces are all painted Metallic Black and looking neat. Just gotta get the frame cleaned up to start putting stuff back on. Thinking I might take to a stripper for that, too big for MY cabinet!

• hamman said thank you

#2 Cvans OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,321 Thanks
  • 4,916 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 12:27 AM

I've noticed this on wheels also and just figured it was extra paint from a run. Like you said, they don't really show up until you have blasted away the paint around them.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,667 Thanks
  • 28,317 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 01:18 AM

They did some dip painting. I'm sure there would be irregularities in the paint jobs, is that maybe what you found?