powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 11:09 AM

Well what the little scum b@gs didn't get the first time they came back for with a second round. Tried to kick in the kitchen door and after ruining it but failing to get in, they thru a brick thru the slider on the deck and carried the safe with the rest of the jewelry they had missed and we had locked up for "SAFE" keeping as well as birth certificates, social security cards and our basic identities etc and spare keys to the house, cars, tool box, for all 3 of us out the door AND worked my gun safe over enough to get their had into it and got a hand gun, *****suddenly the police are really interested....... Due diligence just isn't enough to keep the druggies out. This was done in broad daylight in a neighborhood with retired folks who are apt to be home and the houses are close enough to spit at. I guess one of us has to quit work, file for social security disability due to the stress of having the house broken into 2 times and stay home AND SHOOT THE BA$T@RD$ but now they have my pistol...... Who would have thought that they would come back a second time??? Will there be a 3rd visit????:wtf:

Peter
A disillusioned guy with a wife who doesn't want to be the first one home after work or stay in the house alone and do you blame her.... And no a really big dog won't work for us.

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 12:11 PM

Peter, I am at a loss for words on this one.....
All I can say is I hope someone finds and Shoots the Bastards.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 12:29 PM

OH man,like Brian,I don't know what to say.I am sorry this happened to you once, let alone twice.It's hard to believe they would come back.I hope they get them and lock them away,and that's too good for them.

#4 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,277 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 12:33 PM

We had a friend with a summer place near here. After several break ins, they had to get a motion activated LAN camera. When it went off, it started recording. It also allowed them to check in any time while they were away but had access to a computer. They finally caught the little buggers. It ended up that one of them was a relative... Nephew I think. He pressed charges against all of them. They also got most of their stuff back.

#5 Byron R OFFLINE  

Byron R

• Member No: 57
  • 57 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 12:44 PM

Peter:: Sorry to hear this..My Daughter and her Guy were robbed just a few days ago..up by your place..they are in Swanzey....Clothsbaskets were loaded with alot of valuables stacked by the front door..that the left must of gotten scared off...but they did get $1.400 cash...I hope they catch the Bast@rds...Byron

#6 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 01:44 PM

Sorry to Hear that. I know if we were broken into my wife would have hard time staying there.

I hate that the police didn't seem interested until you mentioned a gun being taken.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 02:26 PM

Peter I am at a loss for words also other then I hope they catch the f'ing assholes that did this. If you or your family needs anything just ask.

I hope they can't get the safe open and cut their hand off trying.

Edited by NUTNDUN, November 01, 2010 - 02:27 PM.
figured I better take the bad bad word out.

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 02:32 PM

Can't say it any better. :ditto:

#9 Byron R OFFLINE  

Byron R

• Member No: 57
  • 57 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 02:36 PM

Peter:: Also when i talked with my Daughter ..I suggested it might be someone they know..They did not think so...She said that the police had been doing a kind of reverse 911 sending out warnings on the phone about all the robberies in the area..I have no tolerance for a thief!!...Byron

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 02:38 PM

You know this got me to thinking. With all of the identity thefts going has has there been any work being done help cut off social security numbers? Kind of like what you can do with your credit cards by reporting them stolen.

Bad thing is with the way the economy is theft is on the rise.

I hate to say it Peter but you might have to see about getting some sort of alarm system.

I am so used to leaving keys in the car and doors unlocked, times are changing even when you feel you are safe in your community.

#11 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 03:26 PM

We had a home break in about 20 years ago. The wife and I were both in the basement and heard loud banging at the back door. By the time we got upstairs they had broken the door open and took my wife's purse from the kitchen table. They never were caught. It does leave you with an uneasy feeling. You had much more taken so I sure hope they catch the scum bags.

#12 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 03:33 PM

Peter. Like so many others, I can't think of anything to say except that I'm sorry you had to endure this yet again! I hope that the bastards get what they deserve and shoot themselves in the leg with your gun trying to be gangsters. If it's any consolation, Shotguns are much better for home defense than pistols.

#13 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for the feed back/support guys, I just don't know, after the first round we made double sure doors/windows were locked, cars locked at night, valuables in a safe, guns locked away out of sight, it just didn't matter, they wanted in and came in and took what they wanted. There has been an upsurge in heroin in the area and it isn't pretty, talking with other folks it seems there have been a LOT of break-ins in the region recently, they gotta pay for the junk somehow...... a firearm in your hand when you are home is one thing but we gotta work for our living and now it seems others too..... that is what is hard to plan for.
Peter

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 05:21 PM

I know it costs money per month to have the service but I would check in to having an alarm system put in. Like you said you both have to work and can't be home to protect the belongings. I would also find different hiding spots, places where stuff wouldn't be expected. I wish yas the best and like I said if there is anything we can do to help just let us know.

#15 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 05:51 PM

:ditto::ditto: