• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 06:35 PM

Does anyone here own a new Dodge Dart?? If so what do you think of it.. the good the bad and the ugly....

#2 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 08:45 PM

It is new and it is a dodge. 2 huge marks against it already.

• backwoods, boyscout862, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#3 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,945 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 10:10 PM

My buddy is a Dodge salesman, he grew up driving, dragging, and autocrossing GM Fbodies, TA's and Camaros. He told me these new Darts are pretty impressive in power and handling and the extras they include. He told me the dodge quality has went up across the board since Fiat bought them.

#4 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 11:02 PM

I am interested in them. Been mostly a MOPAR guy all my life. But know no one who has one yet.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 05:08 AM

I think the Dart is a long way from the Mopars of yesteryear. Look for online reviews and as well reliability data at Edmunds.com or Consumer reports might be a help. Looks like it offers good value and so does the Chev Cruz from what I can see. It pays to look at everything out there to get a feel for how an individual car fits within it's class. Test drives are free and there's nothing like getting behind the wheel to really judge a car. The auto industry is changing rapidly and assumptions from even 5 years ago don't necessarily hold true now.

• superaben said thank you

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 07:36 AM

The auto industry is changing rapidly and assumptions from even 5 years ago don't necessarily hold true now.

But you still won't get those guys who swear by Chevy and hate Ford (or a vice versa) to switch.  Brand loyalty sure works well in the auto industry.

Ben W.

• Team_Green said thank you

#7 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 07:50 AM

But you still won't get those guys who swear by Chevy and hate Ford (or a vice versa) to switch.  Brand loyalty sure works well in the auto industry.

Ben W.

I gave Ford a try when we bought a Volvo a few years back.. was a nice car till it hit around 55000 km.. then it just fell apart.. and yes behind every panel fFord slatherd FO MO CO all over that pile of junk.. NEVER again will Ford get my money.. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. I had a couple Chevys years ago.They where decent.. but i will tell ya the truth.. I don't care for the styling of the new Chevys. i will have a 20k budget once my Harley rolls outta my shop into the hands of some other fella.... Jetta is the other one we are looking at.

#8 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 07:52 AM

My buddy is a Dodge salesman, he grew up driving, dragging, and autocrossing GM Fbodies, TA's and Camaros. He told me these new Darts are pretty impressive in power and handling and the extras they include. He told me the dodge quality has went up across the board since Fiat bought them.

For some stuff they are nicer.. for others reasons they are worse.. 

Every auto manufacture has junk and good stuff.. Wife wont drive a restored car for some reason..