Well, she's all back together:
Trav1s. I guess I didn't look closely enough at your photos, now I can see what appear to be locations for grease zerks in the rod ends...and as luck would have it I ended up with what appear to be the same parts! The picture in McMaster's catalog I guess was somewhat of a misrepresentation but it doesn't bother me in this application. This tractor is slowly but surely being mechanically restored, once that's all done the cosmetic work can start but it's always going to be a workhorse so function takes priority over form in my opinion
Now on to the results: It steers like a brand new tractor, maybe better! There is nearly zero play, my woodruff key fix survived cutting the grass and the steering wheel is still tight (hopefully the long term results are just as good), the steering effort is greatly reduced over what it was (I can now easily steer with the one hand not holding the beer lol ) and last but certainly not least the turning radius has improved now that all of that slop has been removed. I'm very pleased with the return on investment as far as this little project goes, if there's anything I missed or anything I didn't explain well enough I'll be happy to try to help, just ask!