Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Plowed our first garden with the garden tractors.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 02:43 PM

I have MF 12 put cant find plow, you metioned brinley, is this a type or brand of plow? I am also new to GTT but am a very big gardenner and have used old Troybuilt but want to use the Massey this coming spring. What type of soil do you have?

The sleeve hitches can be hard to find sometimes but not impossible. A nice member from the site managed to get most of the pieces for mine from a garden tractor salvage yard and then made the main lift piece himself and he did a terrific job. Surprisingly you can still get a brand new Brinly plow at Home Improvement Made Easy with New Lower Prices | Improve & Repair with The Home Depot for a little over $200.00. Most of the used ones you can find for $125 which are a little more desirable because they are from the older time frame. If you go to any garden tractor shows or plow days there is always some cool stuff for sale.

#32 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 04:26 PM

That's some pretty good plowing. I'm impressed at how well both garden tractors handle it. I've never plowed...I've pulled deep tillages, discers, rod-weeders, swathers, rock pickers and so on, but I've never pulled a plow. I've heard stories about how rough breaking land with a plow can be, and that's behind a full sized (or what was full-sized back in 1950s) tractor.