Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

2 Elec-Tracs $600 Each Ct

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Titus OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,699 Thanks
  • 2,222 posts

Posted May 24, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Reading the ads, the 1st one listed, it sounds like the owner either has a few and my feeling was that this was his parts GT that he's done with. Is that price high? He has the cores for the bad batteries, but even at cost I'm looking at another $350 for batteries. So almost 1K in it and still not working.

The 2nd looks too far gone for the price, along with not having the batteries.

#2 Sparky OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted May 24, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Visual and mechanical inspection hands on can set a better value . The mower motors could be pure junk or pure gold either way . The drive motors may not even be there - happened to me once . The days of finding one easily restorable for under 300 are rare now.

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,503 Thanks
  • 5,271 posts

Posted May 24, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Both these tractors have a mix of parts.

1st - E15 tractor with a E8 or E10 mower deck, E15s have front mount mower only, E8/E10 have mid mount mower deck 2 motors, only.

2nd - E15 tractor looks like 2 mower decks, 3 motors, yellow one is is the right one, front mount mower.

Mower shown on the tractor 3rd pic, is a New Idea mid mount that has been modified to front mount mower and missing the mower guide bracket.

Biggest problem with any electric tractor is the battery cost, then you have to fix the tractor if not working right.

If you put in a new modern electronic controller your looking at another $500. plus a pot box witch could add another $500 if you buy a good one all set up ready to go.