4 replies to this topic

#1 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:15 PM

well I think it is a 725. anyway its coming home tonight, paying 40 bucks for it without deck. not a bad deal.  will get pics up tomorrow after rain stops.

• backwoods and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 08:06 PM

got it home about an hour ago. and gave it a bath. let me tell u that the pictures I had of it b4 are nothing of what it looks like. all tires hold air, gas tank is clean, looks like someone tried to paint it with a brush at one point. cant wait for it to run. what do I have to make sure I do to the brigg model 19 to make sure its ok to run. never had a briggs this old.  same as on the tractor itself

• Moosetales and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 09:08 PM

First, it won't start until after you've posted the before and after pictures. Change the oil, rotate the engine by hand to check for any loose sounding things. Check the points and spark, then give her a try. Check the manual in our manuals section. They are great tractors and were sold under several other names. If you want to really learn about Simplicities go to www.Simpletractors.com . They have a library of literature. Good Luck, Rick

#4 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:54 PM

got it home about an hour ago. and gave it a bath. let me tell u that the pictures I had of it b4 are nothing of what it looks like. all tires hold air, gas tank is clean, looks like someone tried to paint it with a brush at one point. cant wait for it to run. what do I have to make sure I do to the brigg model 19 to make sure its ok to run. never had a briggs this old.  same as on the tractor itself

Way to wet our appetite for pics. Looking forward to seeing your rig.

#5 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted May 24, 2013 - 09:45 AM

anyone have a head for a briggs model 19 they will either give away or sell really cheap. mine is striped out