5 replies to this topic

#1 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 11:54 AM

Ahhh, here we are. the sears/roper forum. I only have sears tractors so here is where I will be hanging out.

I currently have and use a 1980's LT10 and a 1970 SS12. Only one runs right now, the other sits dead in my parents garage. The LT10 is my first tractor, has been nothing but abused since I bought it, and now in the last year has been babied. I have put a lot of work into it and every keeps telling me its a waste since it's so light duty. But I say, lets see one of those new pieces of plastic push snow like I can, lets see them level 8yards of black dirt with out a break down or cracked plastic. Then there's my SS12, my little monster. It out pushes, out pulls and out-blows head gaskets like any tractor I have operated of similar size. The blown head gasket is it's current reason for not running. Unfortunately the guy on eBay with them, has not answered our calls or emails all month so I'm thinking of making my own copper head gasket.

Here's some pictures, I'm sure they are worth more than a 5 paragraph essay on my sears tractors. (the hood is now painted meadow green on my SS12):rocker2: I'm a big Oliver fan.
Posted Image

Thanks!

Edited by BillTheTractorMan, October 31, 2010 - 01:21 PM.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 11:56 AM

Welcome!

Nice Group of Sears you got there :thumbs:

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 11:57 AM

Welcome Bill! No need to stay locked in the Sears forum room. Lots other stuff for you to participate in also. Not familiar with an SS23....what engine is in her? Have you checked your head for flatness?

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 11:59 AM

Nice little "collection" you have Bill.

#5 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 01:23 PM

Sorry, meant SS12. I will check out other areas, this will just be where I know the most and can help other members the most. Although lately with my new experiences I spent a lot of time asking questions.

#6 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 07:14 PM

I think I mentioned to you on the "other forum" that your little LT10 is a great tractor. I have one that has seen more abuse than most, and it is still one of my favorites. Granted the stock drive-train is a long-time-gone.... it's still a great machine. That SS12 is no slouch either. We used to have a neighbor with one, it was a stout puller that's for sure.