3 replies to this topic

#1 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 09:51 AM

I pulled this out of another thread to directly address the originally poster's question:

I have the 1969 John Deere 110 lawn tractor as well. Love it. I was wondering how to adjust the deck. The front sits a little lower than I want it. When I look at it the only thing I can figure is that there are two "bolts" that hold the front of the deck up. If these are twisted one way or the other would that raise/lower the front end. They are pretty rusted and I really don't want to mess with them. There is a round 6" knob that turns both directions that I have no idea what it does, can anyone help with that one. I would read the manual but I didn't get one from the person I bought it from. Of course I'm sure it has had many owners by now. Any help would be great. Thanks Scooter

If you are sitting on the tractor there is a knob to the left of the shifter that is used to adjust the overall deck height.  You can see it in the attached picture.  Turn that knob clockwise to raise the deck and counterclockwise to lower the deck.  If the deck is not level you would need to ajust the points on the front of the deck and the hangers under the tractor that support the desk.  If the front is low and you want to raise it you would need to remove the draft plate and turn those two point clockwise to raise the front of the deck.

Attached Thumbnails

• 110.jpg

Edited by Trav1s, May 22, 2013 - 09:58 AM.

• larryd said thank you

#2 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,562 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 10:16 AM

To add to what Travis posted if you are going to level the deck keep in mind you do want the front a bit lower then the rear of the deck.  General rule is 1/4 - 3/4".  You best bet is to follow the Manufacturers instructions.

• Trav1s and larryd have said thanks

#3 hdg4400 ONLINE  

hdg4400

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6945
  • 254 Thanks
  • 326 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 02:18 PM

I broke down and bought this guage to help adjust the blade height. I think it cost $6.95, but I don't remember what the shipping was

SAM_0412.JPG

Works pretty slick.

Harlan

• Trav1s said thank you

#4 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,562 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 06:19 PM

I broke down and bought this guage to help adjust the blade height. I think it cost $6.95, but I don't remember what the shipping was

attachicon.gifSAM_0412.JPG

Works pretty slick.

Harlan

That's what I use and it makes levelling a deck a lot easier.