Mf710 Blades And Other Questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WeirdTim OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9739
  • 14 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 08:38 AM

Been searching for the correct blades for my MF7's deck and I haven't found an exact fit blade yet. Everyone I've found has to be modified one way or the other. Usually they are long enough but only have the center hole. So I have to get the other two positioning holes milled out.

Any ideas or links for an exact fit blade?

Also, there are two positioning pins used to hold the blade from spinning on the shaft. Does anyone see any issues in using roll pins instead of the softer pins that came in the spindle?

Good news is the newest mf7's deck driveshafy and spindles came right apart last night. Splines all look good and intact. Just doing a general cleaning....but the gear boxes do require new seals at the bottom. Otherwise all is good.

#2 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,688 Thanks
  • 2,910 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 02:37 PM

I was able to source blades for that mower at my local Massey dealer.  Can't really help about the pins, I'm going to see if you get any other replies because I need some pins also.

#3 WeirdTim OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9739
  • 14 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 03:30 PM

Here’s an update.

Took the deck off the MF-7 I picked up the other night and all bearings look to be good and tight.  The output shaft seals are pretty rotted so I set out to find them from the local bearing house.

For your reference:

Massey #             National Oil Seal #          Description       

833911M1           471730                                  SEAL- OUTPUT SHAFT

833912M1           471267                                  SEAL- INPUT SHAFT

Got two of the 471730 (output shaft seals) on order.  Takes a day.  Total cost with the governor’s share was only $17.52 ($8.72 each) for the National brand.

I’ve yet to find out much information on crossing over the bearings but once I get the gear boxes cleaned up, maybe I can find a part number.

• Tim

• MH81, IamSherwood and HowardsMF155 have said thanks