#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 01:47 PM

I was given a Ranch King (MTD) 14.5 / 38 without a motor. Now this LT is in good shape. The PO said it was running rough and he just opened it all the way and it " Just Blew". He took the motor off and got rid of it after he found it was going to be a hassel to get a short block for it. I have everything except the motor and bottom pulleys. I wanted to put manula start B&S 8hp vertical in that I have but have decided that I am going to try to find a good used original type motor for it. I don't need it but I would like to find a motor and pulleys so I could get it back running and then I would donate it to our local community sharing or the church to give to someone who truly needs it.

Anyone know what engine might have been on it? I surmise it was a Briggs but he wasn't sure.(?) Thanks for any help you may be able to give me. Camera is down right now but will be able to get pics later today. Roger.

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 01:54 PM

I have one of those, mine is a '93. Good little mower, 7 speed. Not the quality of the GT's, but does what it was designed for.

Edit: Here's the engine #'s from mine, an OHV engine:

Engine#s- Model- 287707

Type- 0220-01

Serial- 9311134B

Edited by KennyP, May 21, 2013 - 01:58 PM.
Added comment

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks Kenny. I am going to check a couple of repair shops to see if they might have a used motor of this type that they might want to donate or give me at a reduced rate so I can get this up and running and donated. thanks again. Roger.

• KennyP said thank you