17 replies to this topic

#1 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • Member No: 70
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 12:27 PM

I am about to start a new educational series in MF's.  I am acquiring 2  MF-10's

One is supposed to be a hydrauiic

Both have decks and I don't know the condition of the decks. Pictures will follow once I get them home.

My collection is growing quickly and I am running out of storage space but I will find a solution to that.

• olcowhand, MH81, IamSherwood and 1 other said thanks

#2 LYON222 OFFLINE  

LYON222
  • Member No: 35942
  • 133 Thanks
  • 115 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hmm not sure what you mean by hydraulic but if you mean hydrostatic I don't think they made any hydrostatic mf 10s. However a 12 would be very similar and was made in a hydrostatic model.
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 02:13 PM

First lesson I guess!

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 02:20 PM

They did make hydraulic lifts for them as an option, but those arent real common.

#5 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 02:25 PM

I  was told and i havent seen it yet but I was told one had hydraulic lift so thats what I am hoping for. Time will tell

#6 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 04:30 PM

The 10's also had an electric lift.Congrats on the new to you 10's.They are great tractors.

#7 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 05:14 PM

This is exciting news......

Looking forward to seeing what you've found.

If you're getting an electric, over hydraulic lift on one of them, that's a big

bonus. They're hard to find.

Pics, pics when you can. :rocker2:

#8 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:31 AM

Well(and yes that is a deep subject) I got to see them last night, they will be coming home this weekend.

It is sad to see an older person suffering from dimentia but  I learned some things about them.  Neither one has a hydraulic lift, and what he calls a 3 point lift is actually a sleeve hitch.

They both have mower decks though I am not sure if they are complete. Time will tell as I go through all of the loose parts laying around.

One has a starter generator and headlights ( he states it also has points and condensor for ignition), the second one does not have headlights and has a conventional starter and the solid state ignition ( the flywheel shroud is laying beside it) and it is missing the belt from the engine to the vari drive.

The second one needs a seat and some seat hardware.

From what I could see while standing there looking at them and looking around I may be a frequent buyer ay Joes outdoor for some missing parts. I have started downloading manuals to get a better idea how to finish putting these back together.

I will take the 1655 and a tow strap and pull them home this weekend ( they are less than a 1/2 mile from home) and then go back for all the loose parts I can identify.

I am hopeful I can get them up and running so they can be useful to mt daughter & son in law, and possibly my nephew.

And then again maybe they will want a new shiny toy and if thats the case my stable will grow by 2.

Later guys and thanks for being patient

• KennyP and HowardsMF155 have said thanks

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 07:02 AM

Good luck with the puzzles!

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 07:08 AM

Well an OEM sleeve hitch is still a really nice find, and it's probable that the belt start is points ignition.

I get really jittery when there is a non runner, CDI, and the tins are off... Hopefully it's OK. Make sure they didnt change the ignition switch with the wrong one. Happened a lot, unfortunately.

#11 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted May 24, 2013 - 10:30 PM

Well(and yes that is a deep subject) I got to see them last night, they will be coming home this weekend.

It is sad to see an older person suffering from dimentia but  I learned some things about them.  Neither one has a hydraulic lift, and what he calls a 3 point lift is actually a sleeve hitch.

They both have mower decks though I am not sure if they are complete. Time will tell as I go through all of the loose parts laying around.

One has a starter generator and headlights ( he states it also has points and condensor for ignition), the second one does not have headlights and has a conventional starter and the solid state ignition ( the flywheel shroud is laying beside it) and it is missing the belt from the engine to the vari drive.

The second one needs a seat and some seat hardware.

From what I could see while standing there looking at them and looking around I may be a frequent buyer ay Joes outdoor for some missing parts. I have started downloading manuals to get a better idea how to finish putting these back together.

I will take the 1655 and a tow strap and pull them home this weekend ( they are less than a 1/2 mile from home) and then go back for all the loose parts I can identify.

I am hopeful I can get them up and running so they can be useful to mt daughter & son in law, and possibly my nephew.

And then again maybe they will want a new shiny toy and if thats the case my stable will grow by 2.

Later guys and thanks for being patient

I have a bunch of 10/12 parts around here, so before you go wild... let me know what you're after and we'll see what can be worked out.

• Petenpole and Sawdust have said thanks

#12 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 06:31 AM

They came home last night. They appear complete, that does include mower decks.

In the 2 photos attached the tractor without a hood and grille has the starter generator and also appears to have an aluminum dash. And if my suspiscion is correct on the dash that will be the tractor I will hang on to for my daily use. I do have the hood and grille sitting off to the side and not shown in the photo

The second tractor appears to have the SSI ignition system.

I will be making an inventory of small items to locate to include mower blades, belts and then I will start on trying to get the engines running. These wont be rushed and as time permits I will do my best to keep the group updated. But the daughters wedding comes first in July

Attached Thumbnails

• photo (1).JPG
  • photo (2).JPG

Edited by Petenpole, May 29, 2013 - 06:41 AM.

• MH81 said thank you

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 07:38 AM

Good luck with the tens, and good luck with the wedding. Yep, that comes first. :D

#14 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 07:03 AM

The wedding is still 6 days away, but yesterday  the tractor with the starter generator not only ran, but had the mower installed and mowed the neighbors yard. I can say this witthout reservation the MF10 with its 42" mower deck does a better job of cutting grass than the 1855 with a 54" deck.

This one requirred new blades, 2 belts, a starter relay, carb cleaning,  some wiring repair,and a bunch of hardware.

Oddly enough this deck uses a rubber washer between the blade and the cup washer that the blade bolt goes through. These are no longer available through AGCO. But they can be made.

I took a piece of flat rubber stock I had that was 3/8" inch thick and a 2 inch hole saw and cut three washers. Then I used a 1 inch hole saw and cut the center hole. Because it was rubber the holes were not the exact diameter needed, and that was resolved with a drum sanding wheel in the Dremel. All three fit snug over the spindle shaft and appear they are going to work nicely.

After the wedding #2 will get some TLC.

The second mower reck will need a new front roller and the bushings in the rear roller are beyond shot, their existance on the shaft is only a reminder that they once existed. Hopefully I can find them somewhere other than AGCO.

• MH81 said thank you

#15 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 06:00 PM

I can say this without reservation the MF10 with its 42" mower deck does a better job of cutting grass than the 1855 with a 54" deck.

They are great little machines, thats for sure.  Pleased it's living up to it's billing.

:thumbs: on the rubber washers.  When NLA, you gotta create.