Garden Tractor Forums banner

Mf 16 Cab

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  MH81 
#1 ·
I have been looking for info on the cab that came on my tractor, it is a all metal cab that is definitely for the mf 14/16. it fits exactally. It has rubber on the sides that close up the front and a flap above the hood that allows you to raise the hood. it has one side window by your right leg, a main windsheild two doors with nice latches/ handles. It also has a back window. It has a windsheild wiper and a cigarette lighter up on the top front. It has a hole on the left side that I think maybe the snow blower handle goes through. It has been primered inside and out so I have no idea with out sanding what the original color was. I will get pics in the next day or two so you can see it. oh and its heavy ! like 150 lbs which means it really is more like 75 , lol. just feels heavy trying to put it on by myself. it goes on with four bolts through the fenders and floorboards. the doors are removable just lift and the three pins attached to the doors come out of the hinges that are made on the cab. pics coming soon !

#3 ·
The cars are some other odd thing in the barn. I came in to find an all stock chevy 409 with a hurst 4 speed the other day ! nice, Ill get some pics! The Jag is tubbed with a blown big block. storing it for someone. Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Orange Red Wood Gas Paint
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Wheel Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Gas Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Attachments

#4 ·
Welcome to GTTalk. Glad to have another Massey owner around. I've got a Massey MF-14 with a cab. Sounds like your cab is a bit different than mine but here's what mine looks like.

Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Wood

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Motor vehicle Road surface Automotive exterior Asphalt Grass

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

I've got some info on this cab if yours is anything like it. Looking forward to seeing pics of your cab. I like the sound of your doors.

Attachments

#8 ·
Man, Ive searched for hours with no joy on the cab, lol. My wife got the camera back today so tommorow I can get pics! all I can say is this must be one rare cab! I have seen alot of soft cabs as well as metal frames soft sides, but no all metal ones.

#9 ·
Man, Ive searched for hours with no joy on the cab, lol. My wife got the camera back today so tommorow I can get pics! all I can say is this must be one rare cab! I have seen alot of soft cabs as well as metal frames soft sides, but no all metal ones.
My hunch is that you have a Cozy Cab. Google "Cozy Cab" and you'll find metal cabs with solid doors. Looking forward to seeing pics.

#12 ·
you guessed right !! sweet ! thank you ! It looks almost identical , just a minor difference in the window by the right leg. you the man ! I didnt know what color to paint it. I take it these werent made by M.F. then ?
Nope....made for a variety of GTs. Each had a slightly different configuration to accommodate the tractor's design. Glad we were able to narrow it down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.