Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Finally Got My Mf 16 , No Go On The Wheel Horse..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Donnie OFFLINE  

• Member No: 28291
  • 40 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:39 PM

well guys its been awhile, I did pick up the mf 16 at my work ,but the owner wasnt getting off it cheap ! I paid 500 for it , only cause I know how it ran when I parked it. I got the snowblower a 520 I think. It has a cab on it as well. I started it and let it run for a while and I noticed the starter / generator sounded loud and kinda like it was grinding some. when I unhook the charder it stalls. I know the battery is completely crapped out. Im wondering if the generator is bad ? Im going to clean all the cables first and replace all the bad wiring I find. the ignition switch isnt working probably corosion. I will get picks up soon ! I am going to do a seperate post on the cab for info.

Oh If you all remember the red boxes in the barn (extra parts) they were not getting off those ! they knew every piece in that barn !! lol. I did find a old starter generator though I can have, I dont know if its good or not.

• boyscout862 and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Sounds like a good 16, but where are the photos?

You may only need to put new bearing in the S/G and that may fix it. with a bad battery, you are really working the generator hard.

• Donnie said thank you

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,472 Thanks
  • 7,354 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:45 PM

If the starter generator is noisy you should rebuild it before it is damaged. The kits are normally a bargain and fairly easy to use. Good Luck, Rick 

The kit is $15.49 on EPAY.

Edited by boyscout862, May 20, 2013 - 09:34 PM.

• Donnie said thank you

#4 ckjakline OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,052 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 08:57 AM

The 16s all used a starter.If it has a starter generator it may not have orig motor or starting/charging system was switched around.That may also be something to look into.