#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,280 Thanks
  • 2,812 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 02:49 PM

Hi my name is Murry and I belong to Hammman and Mrs. Hamman. I have been part of the family for 16yrs. I was used a lot before I came to their house. Hamman and the Mrs. fixed my handles and made me run real good then. They used me and kept me in the shed until about 6 yrs ago. The other day Mrs. hamman said she wanted to see if hamman could get me running. Now I have done my best to keep all and any kind of things from getting inside me, but you know with snaow and rain ad sittingoutside for 6 yrs. it is hard to do. Today Hamman took me to the garage checked my oil and made sure I had spark and looked at my air filter. Made sure that my safety was working and then checked my gas tank.....well....my gas tank had abuch of water in it. I wanted to tell him I was sorry but i heard him say.." Not Murrys fault..".

He then put some stuff in my tank I hadn't heard of before. SEAFOAM, now it felt kind of funny but I figured he new what would be best for me and I wanted to pleas them. Next he put some gas in me. I was ready for the test. I wish I could of coughed before he pulled my cord so I could of been ready. Hamman pushed my primer bulb a bunch of times. I felt a little dizzy from all that gas...he he he, Next he rolled me out side and took a hold of my rope, now I was ready to come back to life and help them out. He pulled really hard and man that felt good. I coughed and misfired and belched some strange blue and white smoke. I was afraid he waould stop there and put me back in the woods. Nope....He pushed my primer again a bunch of times, pulled on my rope again and I coughed, spit and sputtered a little bit longer this time.I saw a little smile on his face. Again he pushed the primer a bunch of times and pulled my rope. This time I was ready for him I came right to life and boy, did that feel good. I was running again and I was feeling good. Now I am over 20yrs old and I sure don't run like I used to, I shake some, and I'm a little loud because my muffler is getting rusty, hey, you just wait yor muffler is going to get old too! Now I smoke a little blue smoke but I stayed running. I was feeling good. He pushed me to the yard and by golly, he used me to mow a little bit. MAN THAT FELT GOOD!

He put me back in the garage and told me thanks. Said he was glad I came to life.He said that he sure likes that SEAFOAM stuff and was glad he had some to give me. Said he is going to sharpen my blade up some and he and Mrs. hamman are going to use me to mow some brush outback where I used to sit. I sure am looking forward to that. He also said I was going to get a place to stay inside again in the new garage. Man am I ever glad. Well I just wanted to introduce myself to you and let you know that hamman and the Mrs. sure like that SEAFOAM stuff as well do I. Thanks for reading about me. here are a couple of pictures of me. DSCF4274.JPG DSCF4275.JPG  

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, twostep and 1 other said thanks

#2 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,720 Thanks
  • 4,220 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hi Murry, nice to see you in such good conditions. Regards to Mrs. and Mr. Hamman :wave:

Edited by jd.rasentrac, May 20, 2013 - 03:08 PM.

• hamman said thank you

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,267 Thanks
  • 4,644 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Great story, and I am glad Murry worked out for you!

• hamman said thank you

#4 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,972 Thanks
  • 8,664 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hey Murry, I have your brother sitting a compound in back of my shop.  He is not in good shape anymore and I'm afraid he may be finding a new home shortly.

• hamman said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,518 Thanks
  • 44,973 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hi Murry! Glad you got to spin the blade again!

• hamman said thank you

#6 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,280 Thanks
  • 2,812 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 09:15 AM

I posted this because all I did was, pull it from the weeds, take it to the garage,  check the spark. Reinstall the plug, check the oil, the blade and the gas tank. I saw a bunch of water in the tank, dumped it out and put about 3oz of Seafoam in it and a little gas, and did what Murry told you I did. I was amazed that it actually coughed to life almost on the first pull. I was not to impressed with fuel stabilizers until last year when we used Seafoam on all of out tractors and such. Just wanted to let you know about that. I still haven't found anywhere close that sells the small bottles of Mechanic In A Bottle. As soon as I do I have a couple of engines that have been sittin much longer than 6yrs, more like 17yrs, that I am going to try it in. If that works I will let you know also. Thanks. Roger.

• KennyP said thank you