#31 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 09:18 AM

I guess we've got to be careful because this could turn political very quickly...

Anyway,

government came back with a typical knee-jerk reaction

Exactly why the government needs to not be so powerful. Instead of "act" they "react". Things break and no amount of maintenance will prevent that. Just curious, have you got any statistics about the "wheel off" accidents that happened before this new mandatory fine came into play?

If they want to inspect my vehicles for safety that is fine but leave me alone about the rusted out rocker's... unless the gov plans to repair them for me since it was their salt and their brine that caused the rust :) Oh and I'm not paying extra for it. I already pay too much.

OCH, I'm not sure if it is different for your farm since it is considered commercial but for private use there is no tags needed for rigs under a certain weight... it's either 10K or 15K. I don't carry tags on my 16' trailer either.

#32 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 09:33 AM

He's not commercial or he'd have to run dot numbers. Farms are farms and not commercial unless they become inc or maybe llc. They have to become something
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#33 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 11:17 AM

He's not commercial or he'd have to run dot numbers. Farms are farms and not commercial unless they become inc or maybe llc. They have to become something

For intrastate DOT numbers are only needed for over 26,000 pounds according to Farm Bureau:

https://www.kyfb.com...ations Book.pdf

• BairleaFarm and oldedeeres have said thanks

#34 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 11:40 AM

Yep, we're incorporated, but not considered commercial.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#35 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,872 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 11:59 AM

In Saskatchewan, anything pulled behind a farm plate didn't need to be separately licenced, but now I don't know. "They" have stopped dating the plates and are relying on the plate number and their computer stats. as to whether you have renewed your licence or not. Good luck with that one,  lol.