• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,780 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 07:09 AM

I read KennyP's description of where he is moving and it dawned on me that someone here might be interested in the house we will be putting up for sale. It is in poor condition, needs plumbing, foundation work, a new AC, and general fix up. It has: 2 car carport,  3 BR and 2 1/2 Baths. What it has is extra land and a 30' x 30' barn that is outside the City limits. It has a concrete floor, two overhead beams with trolleys and one chainfall. There is power to the barn but it needs to be reconfigured. It had been 3 phase but the power company took 3 phase away a year ago. It is located in Jennings, Louisiana.

The extra land includes a large fenced in area that was last used as a garden but is now overgrown.

Edited by boyscout862, May 19, 2013 - 07:52 AM.

• hamman, KennyP, tinbender7 and 1 other said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 07:22 AM

I've only spent time in Louisiana once and that was Ft. Polk! Weren't a lot of fun!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,780 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm glad to see that you've been able to maintain contact Kenny. Most of my time in the South was Army bases too. We are south of Polk. This is just as bad as Benning in July. 

Edited by boyscout862, May 19, 2013 - 07:57 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#4 art_2310 OFFLINE  

art_2310
  • Member No: 27419
  • 36 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 06:22 PM

Benning in July, gotta love it!! It was fun doing airborne school and running everywhere in that July heat!!
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#5 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,780 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 09:31 PM

Benning in July, gotta love it!! It was fun doing airborne school and running everywhere in that July heat!!

I was there in 74 as an instructor for the survey section of the 43rd Engineers on Harmony Church. As a reward for my volunteering to share a civilian skill, I was housed at the Sergeant Majors Academy. Great food and air conditioned VEQs. The work during the day was bad because of the heat.

I had been at Dragg earlier that summer. I ran into a bunch of guys I had known at Dragg and from then on I had a gang hanging out at my air conditioned VEQ until they had to be back for lights out. They were still in the old WWII barracks. I heard all about the training (the first two females were in their class). I just couldn't justify jumping out of perfectly good planes my self. For 29 years I was a leg and that was fine. My contributions to the Army were my engineering skills and talking back to incompetent officers. I retired as a Major.

Edited by boyscout862, May 21, 2013 - 09:32 PM.