• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 31, 2010 - 10:18 PM

When it rains it pours, I couldn't find a 1450 or 1650 worth a darn or under 1500 for this whole past year, now they fall out of the skies. The 1450 is as clean as a pin, to bad it has a huge gaping hole in the block, but guess what I traded a beat up cheap Cat 0 boxblade for a running 16hp Kohler from a 1650. A guys re-powering it with a Vanguard.The MF-1650 came with a 3 point I just installed and a complete parts rear end and Hydro unit. I was on Craigslist last night hit refresh and POW up at the top comes a MF1650 with a newly rebuilt 16hp kohler, with a nice deck for 500. It was on right at 7 minutes when I called the guy and made a deal to go pick it up tomorrow. I did sell a cub cadet for double what I paid for it, buts still cheap at 400, but since I haven't worked in this century and very little in the past decade money is short. Anyway I ended up selling 2 cubs for double what I paid and buying the MF1650 with money still in my pocket. that gives me 9 Massey's, now I need more Ariens GT's, BEG. Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0961.jpg
  • DSCF0967.jpg

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2010 - 07:13 AM

Awesome finds, you have always had a knack for finding the masseys. I still don't know how ya do it. LOL :thumbs:

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted February 01, 2010 - 10:41 AM

That's how it seems to always go. For years I wanted a Massey GT, then all of a sudden I got a bunch. Besides the 4 Masseys I have now, I've also had 2 other MF12's, a couple MF85(LT's), and a 1650 I fully restored & sold to my nephew. It was all due to the internet. Most I bought off ebay. Then about 2 years ago I was just dying for a diesel GT. Then I stumbled on a school auction with a JD 935 front mower, not a GT, but one he## of a mowing machine. Yanmar 22hp diesel. LOVE that thing! Then I found a Massey 1010 diesel on ebay w/60" deck. Bought it for just $2275 & runs like a new one. Did have to rebuild the deck spindles. Then a while back I had this Cub Cadet that Mike from Lebanon wanted to trade his Kubota G4200 for my CC. I jumped on that deal! I actually needed a narrower deck for getting through/around tight areas & he wanted the wide deck the CC had. PERFECT trade, even up. The Kubota runs like new also had a 1yr old deck installed! All 3 of these diesels sip fuel compared to any gas tractor I've ever had.

#4 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 02, 2010 - 08:21 PM

I had my son help me unload the 1650, but it runs very well even after faling out of the back of the truck, but in all fairness I did break it's fall. No rearPTO, but it does have the mounting bracket for it, no 3 point, but iagain it runs smoother than any tractor I have, must be the new engine. Man am I sore, I also rolled 7,000 sq ft of sheetrock in the last 2 days