64 replies to this topic

#16 jms180 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 863 Thanks
  • 1,160 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 07:18 AM

Hurry back we will miss you. We will be looking for some pictures of the new GT home.

• KennyP said thank you

#17 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,254 Thanks
  • 29,702 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 07:34 AM

Hang in there Kenny, you'll be moved before you know it.  But your joints will remind you!  Be careful lifting!

• KennyP said thank you

#18 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,399 Thanks
  • 1,863 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 07:49 AM

so that's why the trailer buildoff, huh?  (LOL)  is this something "sudden" or has it been in the works a while?  Hopefully its a happy move, not an "under pressure" sort of deal.

• KennyP said thank you

#19 oldtimer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Sounds like a good move Kenny. As has been said, be careful lifting things.   The garage sounds nice.    Best of luck on the mving . 

• KennyP said thank you

• Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 08:16 AM

Best of luck on the move Kenny, don't over work yourself. those block walls in the garage don't present that much of a problem, just something different. I've had them before.

My wife has a grandson that lives in Owasso, Ok.

Edited by JRJ, May 18, 2013 - 10:50 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#21 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Kenny, good luck with your moving.  I'm sure the new garage will be terrific for the GTs.  I hope it's as stress free as possible.

• KennyP said thank you

#22 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 09:38 AM

Good luck with the move :thumbs:

As far as cabinets, drill & mount some L stock w/ anchor's , " L" facing up(like a little shelf) under them to take the weight, and then just a few wall anchor's on top inside so they don't pull from wall. I have done this many times without failure.  :D 

• KennyP, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#23 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,689 Thanks
  • 2,911 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Best of luck moving, that is a chore I hate!

Don't worry about coming back too soon, the rest of us need the time to catch up to your post count!!

Gt garage AND "tractorport" sounds nice!

• KennyP said thank you

#24 Cvans OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,345 Thanks
  • 4,936 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 09:46 AM

Hope your move goes smoothly for you. And congratulations on your new home.

• KennyP said thank you

#25 IlovemyCub OFFLINE  

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 33704
  • 171 Thanks
  • 204 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Good luck moving Kenny! Hope the new house and garage suits you well!

• KennyP said thank you

#26 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,641 Thanks
  • 1,742 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 10:05 AM

Thought I needed to let you folks know I am moving To Collinsville, OK. About 20 miles North of Tulsa. They do not have Cox Cable there, so I will not be online for a bit, but I will be back! The house is about the same size, but I will have a 20' X 20'~ garage to work out of & the 'tractor port' (12' X 20') will go on the front of it. It is just outside of the city limits (WooHoo), so no problems there. If someone needs to contact me, ask one of the Mods for my cell #. I do have a Yahoo e-mail account, but won't be able to access it until I am back online. I'll make sure my personal contact info is all correct in the Mod Forum. The tractors and all my tools are already there. It will be a challenge to get the garage set up, but will keep me busy until I get back here. So, if you don't see me on here, you will know I am busy getting things set up. I have a couple more days here. Meanwhile, you all have fun!

Good for you, Kenny!!!  I'll have to say I'm jealous, though... ;o} 

I was looking through the online housing classifieds yesterday, and found a place halfway between me and mom's. It was on a half acre, had secondary water (for irrigating gardens, watering lawns, etc.) and a HUGE 30' x 60' shop with 12' ceilings... I could put my car hoist in there, plus most my tools, and a (hopefully) somewhat thinned herd of GTs...

Unfortunately, it would add 20 more miles to my commute...

At any rate, I'm happy for you and hope to see you back online soon--I've appreciated your insights and knowledge.

Edited by Utah Smitty, May 18, 2013 - 10:06 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#27 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,641 Thanks
  • 1,742 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 10:13 AM

It's already full, just needs sorted! I have a bunch of cabinets to put up for most of it to go into. Bad part is the garage walls are cement block. So I have to figure a way for the cabinets to hang as they are uppers!

For cabinets, the "butterfly" bolts would probably work... These are the ones where the nuts have folded "wings" that open up when you push the bolt through the hole, then tighten it down.

My present garage is also cinder block.  I mounted a tool board 48" x 60" on it by first securing several strips of 1 x 4 horizontally to the block.  I used the plastic anchors and # 10 screws.  I put up several rows of 4" W x 5" D modular parts bins next to it in the same manner.  The tool board probably has 300+ lbs on it, and the same or more for the parts bins... everything is still there and it hasn't pulled away from the wall.

Cabinets are cantilevered out quite a bit more, but you could probably do the same thing using butterfly bolts and 2 x 4's, including one flush with the cabinet top to avoid things falling behind...

• KennyP said thank you

#28 Delmar OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,257 Thanks
  • 2,383 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 10:41 AM

That's my challenge, trying to weed out a few things right now! There will be more 'weeding' going on as I get things organized.

Just try to recall MH81's thread about "OK, Who Else is Cheap?"  and don't toss out what might work with something from something else that could have fit here or there or.......  and if you do decide to 'toss'..... scrap metal has a value too!

• KennyP said thank you

#29 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,655 Thanks
  • 8,527 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 10:45 AM

Kenny you will love that garge.  My shop is 20X25 and once I got everything setup, I'm now loving it! :thumbs:   I hope you are going to have help with the move and you don't over do it and hurt your self.  If i had to move now I wouldn't be able to move for a week afterwards.  Looking forward to pics of your new home.

• KennyP said thank you

#30 Fabman OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Good luck on your move Kenny. Hope all goes  well and your not gone too long from the gang here. :wave:

• KennyP said thank you