Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 10:16 AM

Well, I got a notice from the city about my tractors and parts of tractors I have in my yard.  Says I can't store parts, etc.  The yard itself needs to be cleaned up of my other "acquisitions", so the tractors aren't the only problem.

Anyway, gotta have it cleaned up by next weekend.  I hate to scrap usable parts or running tractors, but I'm up against the wire, now. I'll keep my White 1650 and a couple of Ford LGTs, but sell the rest.

Here's what I have:

Sears SS16 repowered with 18 hp Onan

Sears GT18--Good runner, but grill is cracked and sheet metal kind of rough.

Misc narrow-frame Cub Cadets--102, 105, 125, 127.  Some run, also have tiller, right angle drives, creeper tranny, hydraulic kit, etc.

Case 195--no hood; has engine and pump but they are out of the chassis

MF-7--tractor only... complete but engine doesn't run--needs rebuilt, no seat, no implements.

Ford LGTs, one has seized engine-- all are open sided models, some have missing sheet metal, etc.

If anyone has interest in these machines, PM me and let's work a deal.  pictures coming soon.

Utah Smitty

• larryd said thank you

#2 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,509 Thanks
  • 5,028 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 10:38 AM

Bummer!

Move to the country and keep the tractors. I can understand what the city is up against but for me living in town is not an option. 

Good luck. 

• rustyoldjunk and larryd have said thanks

#3 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 10:41 AM

Bummer!

Move to the country and keep the tractors. I can understand what the city is up against but for me living in town is not an option. 

Good luck. 

Bummer!

Good luck. 

I'd love to move to the country, but more and more of northern Utah is looking like Southern California, plus I'm alrleady commuting 60 miles each way to work.

Smitty

• larryd said thank you

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 10:47 AM

That sucks raw eggs!  With all the more serious issues going on needing attention, you get picked on for having some tractors.  I'm like Chris, NO way I could live within a city or even a suburb.....NO WAY!

• rustyoldjunk, Utah Smitty, dmorrill22 and 2 others have said thanks

#5 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 11:03 AM

That sucks raw eggs!  With all the more serious issues going on needing attention, you get picked on for having some tractors.  I'm like Chris, NO way I could live within a city or even a suburb.....NO WAY!

Well, I actually live in a suburb with a little farmland still in the area. Problem is, anything with any kind of space 1/2 acre or larger is way pricy... Salt Lake is slowly being infested with gangs, etc., so the nice areas are in the communities around it.  I'd love to move up by mom's, but it would be a 95 mile commute then.  There's an Air Force Base 2 miles from my house, but with the DoD hiring freeze and budget cuts due to sequestration, I haven't even been able to get an interview there... so, I commute out into the west desert and work at an Army Depot instead.

US

• larryd said thank you

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,306 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 11:11 AM

US, Sorry about that.

What ordinance are they citing to say you have to do this?  You may want to do a little digging... I have heard of townships trying to flex muscles they don't have.

• Alc and larryd have said thanks

#7 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 11:19 AM

Sorry to hear about all this US.  Could you possibly load your tractors up and move them to you mom's?  What about a storage place? 

I live pretty much out in country but the county does have an ordance that you can't have a bunch of junk laying around your yard.  But it has to be pretty bad before they do anything about it.  I built a compound with a privacy fence around it I keep my junk mowers and tractors in.

• WNYTractorTinkerer and larryd have said thanks

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Sorry to hear that. I wish you good luck selling off the surplus. The bright side would be that you will be able to put your time and resources into your remaining tractors and enjoy them more than ever! 

• Utah Smitty and larryd have said thanks

#9 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 12:24 PM

Yup, Our last place was a 0.1 acre lot type place and I was building my jeep. So of course I had a few parts sitting around the side of the house. Got a notice that it I couldn't story "junk". Towns suck but I sure am glade there are people that like to live in them...keeps them out of the countryside!

Is a storage unit a possibility to so that you can sell the stuff of on your own schedule?

• Utah Smitty and larryd have said thanks

#10 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 12:27 PM

Sorry to hear that. I wish you good luck selling off the surplus. The bright side would be that you will be able to put your time and resources into your remaining tractors and enjoy them more than ever! 

Yeah, I've wanted to narrow things down a bit, but I don't have accessories for many of them and most people want a nice, shiny tin can from the big box store.

I do have everything, except a 3 point hitch, to start putting my Ford LGT16 back together; even aFEL and dumping wagon... now to just have the time...

Smitty

• larryd said thank you

#11 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 12:30 PM

Yup, Our last place was a 0.1 acre lot type place and I was building my jeep. So of course I had a few parts sitting around the side of the house. Got a notice that it I couldn't story "junk". Towns suck but I sure am glade there are people that like to live in them...keeps them out of the countryside!

Is a storage unit a possibility to so that you can sell the stuff of on your own schedule?

I actually have an 11 x 33 storage unit that's about full... I'm a major packrat... got a detached 2 1/2 car garage that's also full.

I understand the city not wanting a junky place, and I need to get things cleaned up... I just don't want to scrap the old iron I have as it is irreplaceable.

Smitty

• larryd said thank you

#12 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 12:34 PM

Sorry to hear about all this US.  Could you possibly load your tractors up and move them to you mom's?  What about a storage place? 

I live pretty much out in country but the county does have an ordance that you can't have a bunch of junk laying around your yard.  But it has to be pretty bad before they do anything about it.  I built a compound with a privacy fence around it I keep my junk mowers and tractors in.

I have two tractors and a bunch of implements at mom's... she's been patient but has told me she wants me to sell what I'm not using....

I had a chance to buy an old set of dairy barns and 20 acres about 2 years ago... It was a block from mom's and had a small house that would have been perfect to retire to... but, someone else got to it first...  I covet those dairy barns each time I drive by them on the way to mom's.  There's 40 stalls easy and I could put a tractor in a stall for storage and use the others for my work bays... 

Oh well!!

Smitty

• larryd said thank you

#13 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 01:45 PM

I don't think he's being picked on.Someone in the neighborhood turned him in.Why people don't mind there own business is beyond me.Obviouslly they need more to do to fill there time.

• WNYTractorTinkerer and larryd have said thanks

#14 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 02:03 PM

I don't think he's being picked on.Someone in the neighborhood turned him in.Why people don't mind there own business is beyond me.Obviouslly they need more to do to fill there time.

Yeah, I suspect that may be the case, too.  But, oh well!  I plow all the sidewalks around 2 blocks in the winter, and help people get cars running, fix appliances, etc.  I just hope it wasn't someone I've helped in the past...

• larryd said thank you

#15 TomLGT195 ONLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,802 Thanks
  • 2,203 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I suspect that may be the case, too.  But, oh well!  I plow all the sidewalks around 2 blocks in the winter, and help people get cars running, fix appliances, etc.  I just hope it wasn't someone I've helped in the past...

That really stinks! It could be someone you didn't help that's jealous.  Some people are more worried about THEIR OWN PROPERTY VALUES, than other peoples personal privacy/preferences. good luck with the ones you're keeping and hopefully everything else goes to good homes.

• larryd said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cub cadet, case 195, mf-7, parts, scrap, ss-16, sears, gt18, ford