Garden Tractor Forums banner

1/2 scale F-20 Farmall

13K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  TomR 
#1 ·
Here are some pictures of one of the neatest custom built tractors I have come across. A friend of mine was asked by a friend of his to get this tractor running. The guy with this tractor had bought this one along with an Allis Chalmers that another guy had built. The original builder has passed away but this guy bought 2 of the 4 custom tractors this fellow had built. The attention to detail is very good and it is very hard not to believe it is an actual F-20 with having something to remind you of this one being 1/2 size. The fan is belted to a shaft from the briggs engine and turns like the real thing. The PTO shaft and the belt pulley are also functional along with the fact that the tractor runs and drives very well. This is one well built custom! Hope you like the pictures.
Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks for the pics. A lot of time went into that one. Looks real good.

#14 ·
It's amazing when you see the work done on these scaled tractor , workmanship and details !!!! Thanks for the pictures , Al

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
This pair is displayed at our area shows. Built from scratch, by a retired pipe fitter (seated in 2nd pic), he also has a scale steam engine that he built.

There are some really good craftsmen out there! ~~ grnspot

Attachments

#18 ·
Grnspot, those are great looking tractors. Thanks for posting the pics.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello, The f-20 that is featured here is the same tractor that I now own. I also own the John Deere mini tractor that the same man built. There is a plow that goes with the f-20. The reason I am writing on this post is to tell you we are going to sell both of them this spring. Included in the sale will be the original blueprints for these mini tractors. They are one of a kind. If interested please contact me and I will send some upcoming pictures, Thanks. Randy rkindschy at gmail dot com

#21 ·
This pair is displayed at our area shows. Built from scratch, by a retired pipe fitter (seated in 2nd pic), he also has a scale steam engine that he built.

There are some really good craftsmen out there! ~~ grnspot
Thar F20 looks like the one that I saw at Red Power Roundup in Mt Pleasant Iowa in 2004. If I remember correctly the entire thing is hand built including the engine and it is fully functional. I have pictures of it somewhere I should post.

#22 ·
Thar F20 looks like the one that I saw at Red Power Roundup in Mt Pleasant Iowa in 2004. If I remember correctly the entire thing is hand built including the engine and it is fully functional. I have pictures of it somewhere I should post.
It probably is, he hits many of the shows in the north half of MO & I'm sure he's been to Mt Pleasant. He lives in the KC area.

#23 ·
Hello, The f-20 that is featured here is the same tractor that I now own. I also own the John Deere mini tractor that the same man built. There is a plow that goes with the f-20. The reason I am writing on this post is to tell you we are going to sell both of them this spring. Included in the sale will be the original blueprints for these mini tractors. They are one of a kind. If interested please contact me and I will send some upcoming pictures, Thanks. Randy rkindschy at gmail dot com
Do you know how much you will be asking for your mini tractors?

#24 ·
Yes, They are for sale for 3500 each. That is what the man that built them was asking and was paid. I hate to split them up. I think they are one of the neatest things I have ever seen but they should be with someone that will show them off more as when people see them they all just smile and ask a lot of questions. This is the only place I have put them up for sale at so far as I would want them to go to someone that appreciates what they really are as the person that built them put many many years into building them. Thank you for inquiring. Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.