Garden Tractor Forums banner

Found Some Neat Cat's Today..

2K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  Texas Deere and Horse 
#1 ·
I had to go get parts for our 936 Loader today at the Cat dealer and finally got some neat photos of some old Holt and Best Tractors. Thought I would share them with Y'all. And yes, this is one of the original Holt Caterpillar Dealerships.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Wheel Road roller Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Plant
Motor vehicle Cylinder Sky Gas Wood
Motor vehicle Engineering Gas Cylinder Auto part

Wheel Vehicle Combat vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor

Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Wood Building
Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Gun turret Auto part

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Mode of transport
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tree Asphalt Automotive exterior
Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Cylinder Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Mode of transport Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Machine

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
#4 ·
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
#22 ·
Wow, those were great! Do any of them run?

Ben W.
According to one of the managers, Every one of those pieces of equipment, minus the pull type combine are fully operational.

I would love to be there when they fire them up which they do from time to time.

The Trencher and the 1 pull type Road Grader are awaiting restoration.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Brian, some great pictures. Did Caterpillar buy out Holt or did they simply change the name?
Bill, Holt used the Cat Logo before they merged with Best. Best used the logo "Track Layer" on their first stuff. It's my understanding that they formed a Partnership the become Caterpillar Corp.

Reactions: HDWildBill
#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Brian, some great pictures. Did Caterpillar buy out Holt or did they simply change the name?
Correct you are Brian. Holt and Best combined companies and together made the Caterpillar Tractor Co. Got the name when a reporter watched the tracks rolling over rocks and said it looked like a caterpillar crawling over something and the name fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.