#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Not sure I want to paint my tractor all red and yellow wheels ARE out!  Thinking maybe making frame/chassis black or very dark grey if I use Red again. I like Massey Red. Could use the Massey silver on the frame, but not so sure I like that idea either. Could be Brown and MM Yellow on tins???   All MM yellow on all, with Red wheels.....like that!  Could even go Red on frame and pick a grey or other light color for tins, kinda like Ford. Kubota orange on all of it?? Grey or silver wheels then. Wheels will probly be Red, or off-white or maybe Silver, but have to find right other colors first.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 11:03 PM

You are making me very glad that I am color blind. I go for original colors and don't have to worry about anything. I wish you good luck with what could be a difficult decision. Rick

#3 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 09:00 AM

They just don't "look" right if not done in red and yellow.

#4 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 09:30 AM

I have wanted to paint a Gt like a classic car from the 30s, by doing the frame and running gear in a dark brown and the tin in a light tan/almond color.

Edited by JD DANNELS, May 15, 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 09:04 PM

Critters, is that one in avatar in JD green?? Ewww!  Surely won't be that here! Fella on some site I saw a red one with silver/aluminum color engine that set it off. Had the lights done in front of fenders too, like big tractors. Think I might DO the light thing on mine. Hmmm, wonder if engine has a lighting circuit on it?? I did get my starter for it today. Would think if a starter is on it, should need to charge battery then, correct?  Needs better look, I guess.

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 09:09 PM

My Late model had a satin black frame and was red tin. Wonder how that would look?  I kinda think of going to a dark grey if I can find one I like. Satan Black might be neat too, hmmm!  IH/Case store has some dark grey that just looked black to me. Maybe I should buy a can and try it on something. Seems all new IH/Case chassis are that now.