• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johndeere3 OFFLINE  

Johndeere3
  • Member No: 35713
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 08:56 PM

I have a Kohler k181s on a john deere 110..

it doesnt have spark no spark at points..

The coil wire is coming out from under flywheel

my question is what do i do?

now another odd thing is it has on wire from points to condensor with connector to screw on condensor that has one wire going under flywheel and another wire attached to condensor going under flywheel..

Shouldnt there be only 1 going under flywheel??

It has a condensor that has a screw on it to anchor wires on can i just put a condesor with a wire going to points with one going under flywheel?

THANK YOU its kind of hard to explain what i mean with the wires on it now.

The Coil/magneto is creating a shock when sticking a screw driver in coil wire hand holding on to and taking another hand a grounding to something metal.. but just holding wire is nothin.. so that tells me the coil/magneto is making a shock..

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Welcome to GTT. I'm confused by what you are asking so let me make a few suggestions. Download the Kohler manual from the site referred to in the other Kohler question tonight or from our manuals section. Post some pictures of what you are describing. Relax and wait for someone that may have your answer. Good Luck, Rick

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:21 PM

I have K181 in my Wheelhorse and it has the reg outside coil on a little plate mounted to side of engine along with solenoid  for starting. The points are on outside under cover, same as any K engine. Wonder if deere has diff specs that make it THAT different? Mine is still battery fed to run, not a mag.