6 replies to this topic

#1 tractormike OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 07:48 PM

Well guys here is number 5 in our Farmall collection. It is a 1952 Farmall H. A friend of mine was doing some work for a lady and spotted this Farmall in the back corner of a shed. He asked about it and the story was that her late husband had bought it at an auction 12 years ago and drove it home and parked it in the shed. He got very sick just after this and found out he had colon cancer and died very soon after this. The tractor had not been moved from that spot in all this time. I went and looked at it and first tried to turn the engine over by the fan and the engine was free. The radiator was full and loosening the oil pan drain plug gave only oil, no water in the bottom of the pan. The gas tank was clean and dry and didn't smell like varnish at all. I put in a battery and cranked the old girl over but no spark. I pulled the H out of the shed with my Snapper 1650 far enough so I had some sunlight to work in. I took off the distributer cap and filed and cleaned the points and hit the starter again. She popped of and ran quite well and I drove it on my trailer! I have since put brakes and a ring gear and starter bendix in it but that seems to be all it needed.

Attached Thumbnails

• 015.jpg
  • 020.jpg
  • 016.jpg
  • 018.jpg

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 07:52 PM

I really like those old Farmalls. I wish I had the place to play with one (or several!!).

#3 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,446 Thanks
  • 17,087 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 07:58 PM

congrats on the new Farmall :dancingbanana:

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 08:03 PM

Congrats on another new Farmall Mike. I would like to get an H and an M sometime. My grandfather had them on his farm when I was a kid.

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 08:12 PM

That is a nice looking H as far as I can tell from the pics. Good score.

I had two. Don't have them anymore. One was a neat project tractor. I just never had the time to keep up with them.

Good for you. It seems to have gone to a good home.

#6 justwalt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1318
  • 4 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 08:37 PM

looks like a runner, looks like an old case I used to skid logs with...
can you say wheeeeeeeeeeelie

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 07:59 AM

Nice find! I love red tractors!

My father-in-law has had probably every letter series Farmall made at one time or another. I think he still has a Cub and an H. My brother-in-law up until very recently had a nice looking A which I believe he gave to my father-in-law. I haven't been out back of my in-law's farm for a while; no telling what he has back there!

I'd be scared to use anything with a narrow front at my farm; we are entirely on a hill.