• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gary from Muleshoe OFFLINE  

Gary from Muleshoe

• Member No: 6921
  • 34 Thanks
  • 88 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 08:46 PM

I am wanting to paint my 1965 Case 180 and was just wondering if there is a good source for Flambough Red and Desert Sunset in the rattle cans. I know some will say I should use a better quality paint and cans are not the way to go, but I am just thinking of cans as an option. 

• JRJ said thank you

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,605 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 09:34 PM

When I redid my Case Pleasure King pedal tractor a few years back I went to the [somewhat] local Case-IH dealer and bought OEM rattlecan paint.  It was $8/can and I thought this is crazy.  When I used that paint it was unbelievable how well it went on,  how smooth it flowed out, and how far one can of paint went.  The pedal tractor didn't take but about half a can.  It was very good quality paint and I'd make that purchase again.  I  had been using Van Sickle for such things and I like the Van Sickle paints but this was SOOOOO much better.  Van Sickle tends to take too long to dry for my taste.  The pedal tractor stays inside but the paint is tough and still has new paint shine.  Just my experience - best of luck with whatever you decide!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 11:29 PM

I don't think you will find true Flambough Red in a spray can, only the power red.

The link below shows the difference in the reds.

http://gardentractor...ded-for-gttalk/

• JRJ said thank you