#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 04:21 PM

My white has the travel lever on the Left side, not on right like 990's have. Kinda hard to mess with, but learning. Whole system is kinda sticky, and jerky at moment, hope to have that fixed soon. I'm thinking of cutting out or bending away that little part in the guide for lever that bumps out, right at the neutral position. Kinda gets in way of smooth flow I think. Would be easier to just have smooth one plane movement of the whole lever. But, does the clutch/brake pedal need that to SLAM the gear lever into?

Would think the action would be same if adjusted below like it is supposed to be. Not sure why this is on left, or how much diff the mechanicals are from the 990 yet. Tin is coming off to look at stuff soon, so will be evaluating the system. Sure would be nice to have foot pedal instead, if can be done OK. Not sure mechanism even reaches over to the right side tho, where I would want the pedal. Hand lever may get some extension and bend back if not easy to do pedal, so can reach easier.

#2 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 09:22 AM

Before you get too carried away on bending , the linkage underneath is prone to needing adjustment and lubed often . My GT1655 lets me know when it starts getting slow in reverse .