2 replies to this topic

#1 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • Member No: 70
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 07:04 AM

I have a draw bar with a trailer hitch attached for my 55 tractor. And before anyone asks it is complete  and attaches to both draw bar arms and the upper link.

I will pose the following scenario for thoughts:

With a trailer attached to the draw bar and the lift half way up (so the trailer is level), If I step on the rear of the trailer the 3 point lift raises without any restriction. Once I step off the trailer it returns to the previously set position. The lift does'nt lose pressure  and holds the position and does not creep downward.

My question is: Is this normal or is this a problem in the spool valve?

Thanks

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 08:38 AM

I have a draw bar with a trailer hitch attached for my 55 tractor. And before anyone asks it is complete  and attaches to both draw bar arms and the upper link.

I will pose the following scenario for thoughts:

With a trailer attached to the draw bar and the lift half way up (so the trailer is level), If I step on the rear of the trailer the 3 point lift raises without any restriction. Once I step off the trailer it returns to the previously set position. The lift does'nt lose pressure  and holds the position and does not creep downward.

My question is: Is this normal or is this a problem in the spool valve?

Thanks

That is normal as the 55 series has no down pressure & the plate the cylinder connects to floats on the shaft so the implement can lift when it hits an obstacle.  If it wasn't this way, when the front of the tractor hit taller ground, the implement would be forced against the ground & you'd lose traction.  It could be modified so as to slip in a pin for a solid connection when using the trailer or similar.

#3 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • Member No: 70
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Thank you one less thing to fret over