3 replies to this topic

#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,496 Thanks
  • 6,369 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 12:44 AM

I'm always wanting to make odd decals for my tractors, or have shirts made up. I want to design layouts before I go to a store/service to make them. I want to be able to use curving arcs, narrowing lines, or diff fonts on one line and other odd stuff. I have some print programs, but too old and not much can be done with them. Some I thought would be good, want you to use their layouts with too much stuff on them to start, don't like those. Can anyone recommend a program for me to get to play with?  Would like lots of fonts to choose from also. Puter usually has all the same ones I've seen and I may want some different ones. Sign shops must have some programs that allow good choices, but maybe they would only be good if you had a cutter machine then?  I don't have that or not gonna get, just wanna make the lay-outs and samples on paper to help me get correct labels.

• larryd and JRJ have said thanks

#2 MR Simplicity 6111 OFFLINE  

MR Simplicity 6111
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 11137
  • 14 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 01:31 AM

You could try this program, which is free, i use it for technical drawings   http://www.getpaint.net/download.html , 

• ducky, Lmiller3358, Arti and 1 other said thanks

#3 bigchota OFFLINE  

• Member No: 5512
  • 3 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Check out CorelDRAW software, not free, but easy to use and save to many different formats that vinyl cutters and others use.  Fonts, a lot of them are free if you join some of the forums, all are free for viewing then buy the font you want.  Cost is not much.  Hope this helps you.

• larryd said thank you

#4 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 11:04 AM

The programs that many sign shops are big money and many also require subscription service.

You might want to look at "open office" it's free and is based around and interacts w/ MS Office.