#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 10:56 PM

Well, least for me it was. Was out in grass, it's kinda cold. I have the quick hitch to get it off frame. Didn't read any instructions, Men don't need those, you know!  I finally got the catches off the lift links. Found a shaft in front that has quick pins to pull it away, so you can raise the lift links away from deck w/out lifting and hitting the pto shaft, duh!  Then couldn't figure shaft out. Finally drove the pin out on rear end of shaft, and a bolt there. Found some kinda ring on front, that I turned thinking it would unscrew or ? Later realized just pull back on ring, and is a quick-disconnect. Sheesh! So simple, dumb me!  Then, deck is 5ft and heavy, can't seem to drag it out from under tractor in grass especially. So, tried to drive over for and back. Just pushed deck. Then went and got some wheel chocks and put in front of deck, just behind front wheels and Backed right over the deck! Might do that from back to put under when I do that. Kinda wore me out getting that thing off. I hate those big decks anyway.  I've been running into stuff with the ends since I've owned it, they stick way out, specially with that huge flap on outlet. I put it on my lift. gonna pull the carb and rebuild, see if running issues work out then. Also want to remove all the tin and work on the control linkages. Everything on this tractor is rusty or dry or ? and works hard and almost dangerous to operate neatly. Won't return to Nuetral to well even with brake. Brakes not working too well. See, lots of stuff to look at and lube up. Much easier with all the tins off, to see what we have.

• Utah Smitty said thank you

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 04:00 PM

Pix of deck off.   Pretty Big and Heavy!  Guess made by Woods?

Attached Thumbnails

• Garage Pk and stuff for web 2013-05-12 001.jpg

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Here's White up on my new lift. Not raised. Drove right up the ramps at idle and low range. Cool! Tin's coming off to get at things to lube and adjust, and the carb is coming off for rebuild.

Attached Thumbnails

• Garage Pk and stuff for web 2013-05-12 005.jpg

#4 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 04:24 PM

Pix of deck off.   Pretty Big and Heavy!  Guess made by Woods?

Not sure who made it, but it looks heavy from here :D

P.S. I stopped years ago trying to remove decks by pushing and pulling this way and that way, I have a couple of pieces of 1x4x18 that I drive up and over the deck :thumbs:

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:09 PM

Power washed and looks pretty good. Had to lift with cherry picker to get under and look. Blades need sharpening, but not bad. I don't see any grease zerks in or under spindles. Sealed bearings?  All turns good and easy. The tractor itself could barely run the thing after I got the pto to work, must be the carb issue? or something else. Think the deck is really an Alien. It has hard outer shell and underneath a scaly green like skin. It might be dead tho, as the skin scraped off with putty knife in big chunks and never said Ouch!

I can't get those little three legged plastic nuts off the covers to look under and clean out. One holding the outlet flap I broke, grabbing with pliers, too rusted on the nuts. They are 3/8" thread. Now have soaking in PB blaster.  I Did get two to come loose, had to work them back and forth to come up. Still left on after I oiled. One I think I broke loose from nut, so shot. Two others don't move yet. Not sure why they used such a nut if they don't hold up?  I could put on 3/8" nuts, but would like the bigger nut look. Wonder if I'll see any at the swap tomorrow?  Some fellas have lots of Mower trinkets in their set-ups.