skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,412 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 03:20 AM

Your deck control is the left hand lever on the tunnel cover next to the small knob you pull up and hold as you set the brakes for parking.

Never saw a rear deck for one of these, as the pto is turning crankshaft rpm, too fast for a long drive shaft!!
But making a tow behind is possible as long as you use a real heavy deck.
  • Firemang said thank you

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 03:56 AM

That 09GN3683 deck is for the '84 & newer Gilson built Fords. Not sure if it will fit or not. Pics of it would help us figure that out.

2 Mower deck model #'s that will fit for sure are the 09JC9835 (42") & 09JC9838 (50").

42" Decks: 09JC9789, 9826, & 9854

50" Decks: 09JC9788 & 9828

These should also fit you LGT 145.

• Firemang said thank you

#18 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 05:38 AM

Ok got another question.  So the guy I bought the 145 from gave me a deck, but didnt know if it fit.  It's a Ford deck, 48", series 63683, Component # 09GN3683, and Serial # YC03558 5J 05 161.  Anyone make heads or tails of that?  If it's not going to fit, I think I'll just resell it on Craigslist or offer it up on the classifieds here.  Anyone out there know where the hydraulic deck lift control is supposed to be?  I think mine is missing as I dont see one on the tractor.  What I really need are part numbers for all the attachments so I can start trying to track down what fits and not waste time trying to figure out if something will work or not, starting with the front push blade and the rear 3 pt hitch.  While I'm on that subject, I was wondering if anyone knew of a 42" or 48" aftermarket rotary cutter out there that might work with these machines PTO's?  I've got 5 acres of pretty relatively flat, yet uneven ground with 3 foot tall canary grass, light brush and berry briars and I think I'd just destroy a belly mower.  Any suggestions?  Could a guy take and old belly deck and turn it into an independently powered tow behind trail mower?  Maybe use a 5 or 6 HP vertical shaft engine off an old walk behind mower?  Ideas? 

?  I've got 5 acres of pretty relatively flat, yet uneven ground with 3 foot tall canary grass, light brush and berry briars and I think I'd just destroy a belly mower.  Any suggestions?  Could a guy take and old belly deck and turn it into an independently powered tow behind trail mower?  Maybe use a 5 or 6 HP vertical shaft engine off an old walk behind mower?  Ideas? 

I built this one from an old Ford deck

Brushmower019Medium.jpg

001Medium.jpg

• MH81, KennyP, Rock farmer and 2 others have said thanks

#19 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 07:34 AM

I believe around 1975 the kohler oil pans where bolted in instead of welding them in.This old fords are a great tractor.