Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

New To The Site And Looking For Help/info For My Ltg145

ltg 145

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • Member No: 35312
  • 96 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hi there ya'll,

I'm new to the site, and just purchased a LTG-145 the other day.  I was looking for some help deciphering the serial # which is 09JC3310 as to what year it is.  She's pretty ugly looking, needs alot of paint and what not, but the tin is straight and she fires up on the first crank.  Anyone out there know where a good parts source for the tractor is and where a guy could find any implements/attachments for these?  I'm not even sure what models of attachments my tractor will accept so that would be nice to find out, though I know it'll take a loader, backhoe, blade, belly mower and maybe a tiller I think.  I plan on doing a full teardown and rebuild this winter so I'm sure I'll be picking alot of brains out there.  Any info on what I have though in the short term and where I can find parts so I can start making lists of whats missing and what I need in the short term would be helpful.  Thanks

Kevin

Forest Grove, OR

• Texas Deere and Horse, tinbender7 and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Under the bus you go

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 6,762 Thanks
  • 5,888 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 12:16 PM

Kevin, welcome to the forum. Does your Ford have sheet metal completely covering the sides of the engine, or is it partially open on the sides?

• Firemang said thank you

#3 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4243
  • 2,454 Thanks
  • 2,817 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Welcome to the forum!  Can't help you with any Ford stuff, but several guys on here are very knowledgeable and will be by shortly with some help!

#4 tinbender7 ONLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 758 Thanks
  • 661 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Welcome to the fourm.Check with some of our sponsers as thy have some ford parts. We like pictures.Thsy are goos [powerful tractors.

#5 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,146 Thanks
  • 1,690 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 01:59 PM

:welcometogttalk: Glad you decided to join the fun. Found this manual hopefully it helps, look around and get familiar, I'm pretty sure the Ford guyz'll stop by to chime in. And remember; :wewantpics:

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 10,399 Thanks
  • 13,551 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Welcome to GTtalk. You got a great tractor in that Ford, there are several guys here who have one just like it.

Some photos of it would be nice to see. Attachments are the same as Jacobsen since they built them for Ford.

#7 kcoers OFFLINE  

kcoers
  • Member No: 34494
  • 8 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Welcome to the site!

#8 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 990 Thanks
  • 1,268 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hello there and welcome! :wave:

#9 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 821 Thanks
  • 831 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 07:05 PM

:welcometogttalk:  Firemang, Welcome to the forum. Nice score on the Ford. Don't forget :camera:

#10 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 96 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 12:53 AM

Hi fellas, well guess I already made a rookie mistake and forgot pictures, so I will put some on my profile if I can't put em here. Found out something interesting about the engine when I ran the Kohler serial number, it's supposed to have a K321AS, a 14 hp engine, but mine has a K301AS, a 12 hp engine, which makes me wonder if someone just swapped engines in it or if I really have a LGT 125 with 145 decals. I'm already thinking about re-powering. Any suggestions on a good 16 to 18 hp engine that'll mate up? I'll post the pics to my profile so you can see.

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 13,827 Thanks
  • 27,340 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 06:08 AM

Welcome to the forum! The model # (09JC3310) is for a 72-76 LGT 145. These we refer to as 'open side' models. Yes it should have the K321AS engine. You are limited to a Kohler engine, as the oil pan is welded into the frame. But I believe a K341AS would work. You can find pic help in my signature!

#12 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62

What, me worry?

• Member No: 42
  • 227 Thanks
  • 1,017 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 06:15 AM

welcome...Nothing wrong with the 12hp Kohler...still good power

#13 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 1,792 Thanks
  • 2,260 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 06:42 AM

Welcome Kevin, you have a very stought machine there for sure.
It is very easy to tell if you have a 125 or 145, as the deck lift will be manual on a 125 and hydraulic on a 145.
The 125 can be converted to hydraulic lift easily, but will still have the hole in the sheet metal for it.

After taking a look at your rig I see you have a 145 with a transplant. only real way to tell if it is a 12 hp is to remove the cylinder head and measure the actual bore.
The 12 has plenty of power!! At the tractor pulls i have sent lgt 165s packing with my 125 with ease.
I also noticed you have all the fixin"s for a tiller, so you have a nice unit there for sure.

Edited by skyrydr2, May 12, 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#14 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

The Impossible Task!!!!!!

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 5,996 Thanks
  • 6,795 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 07:36 AM

Welcome to GTtalk, Glad you decided to join our little community.  :thumbs:

#15 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 96 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 01:36 AM

Ok got another question.  So the guy I bought the 145 from gave me a deck, but didnt know if it fit.  It's a Ford deck, 48", series 63683, Component # 09GN3683, and Serial # YC03558 5J 05 161.  Anyone make heads or tails of that?  If it's not going to fit, I think I'll just resell it on Craigslist or offer it up on the classifieds here.  Anyone out there know where the hydraulic deck lift control is supposed to be?  I think mine is missing as I dont see one on the tractor.  What I really need are part numbers for all the attachments so I can start trying to track down what fits and not waste time trying to figure out if something will work or not, starting with the front push blade and the rear 3 pt hitch.  While I'm on that subject, I was wondering if anyone knew of a 42" or 48" aftermarket rotary cutter out there that might work with these machines PTO's?  I've got 5 acres of pretty relatively flat, yet uneven ground with 3 foot tall canary grass, light brush and berry briars and I think I'd just destroy a belly mower.  Any suggestions?  Could a guy take and old belly deck and turn it into an independently powered tow behind trail mower?  Maybe use a 5 or 6 HP vertical shaft engine off an old walk behind mower?  Ideas?