• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pwombles OFFLINE  

pwombles

• Member No: 7101
  • 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 07:20 AM

Just picked up this lawn boy mower yesterday. Was next door to a house I was installing a window in. I thought the old guy was going to mow his yard with it. Then I looked a bit later and it was sitting next to the street with a sign taped to the handle. walked over and it said $15! guy came outand explained that he and the wife were moving to the nursing home cottages in town and he couldnt pull it to start it any more. I paid and loaded it. I dont really care for lawn boys, but I figure someone would want it. It is missing a couple of things but what is there is in pretty good shape. I want to get it running before I get rid of it. Here are the pics:DSCF5361.JPG DSCF5362.JPG

• JRJ said thank you

#2 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 08:17 AM

Those are pretty simple engines to work on and get running. Don't forget to mix the oil and gas together.

Dick

• pwombles said thank you

#3 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 12:15 PM

that motor is a c series, it takes a 16/1 gas oil mix.  I wish u where closer I would buy that in a heart beat

#4 sodisr ONLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 12:35 PM

I've run lawnboys for over 30 years...  21" gas-oil mix.   They last and last..on my second one in all those years... First one still runs..

I don't know about the real old ones,,,But I run 32/ 1 in mine..If it acts like it is short of power,,, check the exhaust ports on the bottom,,under the blade..