#1 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Was using the 224 today for about an hour in 80º weather, shut it off, went to restart and nothing at key, no lights either, sure enough fuse was blown. No big deal replaced fuse, start it up and shut it off a few times [with the hood open] all was good, close hood and off I went. Now after about half an hour I shut it off, did what I needed to do, went to start it nothing, fuse was blown again, so I started to check wiring for a rub somewhere but couldn't find anything wrong, replaced fuse, started it a few times again hoping to see something but all looked good, I [closed the hood] and decided to try it a few times and just happen to be looking at the amp meter as I was shutting it off , when the key got to the headlights the amp meter went into discharge big time and fuse blow, good it's the wire for the lights, sure enough it looked good, it wasn't until I looked thru grill w/hood closed that I could see a little break in wire hitting the oil cooler, never realized how tight of a fit it is with the hood closed, because you can't see it unless you get down low and look up. :thumbs:

Needless to say it's fixed now, but drove me crazy for a half hour :smilewink:

• Texas Deere and Horse, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,275 Thanks
  • 4,031 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Electrical problems can be so... much fun (NOT).Glad you found the problem already and fixed it! :thumbs: Good job! :D

• John@Reliable said thank you

#3 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9312
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 10:47 PM

You are right on when you said there is not much clearance when the hood is closed. I think most would be surprised at how little there is especially on an Onan powered Case/Ingersoll.

Glad you got it fixed!

Edited by Mjoe7, May 10, 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 05:25 AM

Glad you got it fixed quickly. Good catch to notice the ammeter and link it to the problem.