- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11487
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Here in the next couple weeks ill be an owner of a cub 102, there's a spot for the creaper gear drive but was wondering how rare or expensive they are to come by? Never had a cub before and always wanted one, I have a cub 154 lo boy so I thought it would be fun to have a small cub around, what's there weakness for the tractors? What do they do best at? As far as usage and implements, which ones work better, thanks Justin
  • hamman and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11127
  • 1,325 Thanks
  • 1,509 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Justin I can assure you that a cub is very well built and tough. As far as weakness I really cant think of any? The creeper usually sells for about 160$ on ebay is the cheapest I found so far. They are awesome and well built machines and will last forever if taken care of :thumbs: some of us even put diesels in them :rolling: Lol

• Justin2655 said thank you

#3 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,174 Thanks
  • 2,253 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 03:51 AM

102 has basically the same transaxle as your 154 except your 154 has different axle carriers,final drives or drop axles steering brakes and PTO.

#4 IlovemyCub OFFLINE  

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 33704
  • 171 Thanks
  • 204 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 06:15 AM

Cubs are probably one of the tuffest garden tractors out there. You can't beat em! And plus they'll last FOREVER if you maintain them properly. Creeper gears aren't to hard to come by. Either eBay or a site called ccspecialties.org have creeper gears for sale. I would go with eBay because its cheaper. Also, the Cubs I say are the best at a lot of things such plowing, disking, cuiltivating, and so on... Good luck with her! Ian. 

• Justin2655 said thank you

#5 Grumpy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 440
  • 641 Thanks
  • 576 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 07:31 AM

I have a 102 that a friend gave me. He bought  it new in 1967. It had the motor rebuilt once, one new muffler, and new tires. It is still going strong. I plow and disc gardens and shove snow with it and I still have the deck, but I don't mow with any more. But I could if I needed to.

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 09:38 AM

They don't have any weak spots. :D  You should be able to find a creeper pretty easily and they are fairly easy to install as well.

My favorite impliments are the Brinly plow, and rear tiller but there are lots and lots of attachments out there for these tractors.

• IlovemyCub said thank you