Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
Sold

Scott's Lawn Tractor L1742 Parts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 03:53 PM

I have a Scotts L1742 by John Deere  Product ID GX1742G016458 that I am parting out.  The seat is in great shape and so is the deck, it only has some surface rust in the middle.  Quite a few parts look the same as a JD L110 but I can't guarantee  that they will work.  

Here are a few pic's

DSCF0693.JPG  DSCF0694.JPG

DSCF0695.JPG  DSCF0696.JPG

DSCF0697.JPG  DSCF0698.JPG

• boyscout862 and GTtalkBill have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 07:09 PM

I have one of those sitting in my yard. The seat and depth of cut deck wheels seem to be missing. What blew on yours? Good Luck, Rick

#3 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 07:52 PM

The original engine caught fire and the original owner put a B&S in it.  I'm not sure why it went out to a buddy's shop nor how long it sat out there but when I got involved it needed a battery, ignition switch, the carburetor put back together, 3 new tires.  The owner had gotten a new Cub, that I now maintain for him.  He asked me if I wanted it and my buddy wanted it out of his way so I took it.  I thought about fixing it up but the amount of $$$ I would have to put into it, I would never get it back out of it.  The dash tower on the right side is a runny mess and the hood is not the correct one.  It was being held on by a door hinge.  So I pulled the motor and will store it and decided to sell what I can.  

My buddy has a Craftsman GT 5000 that the original owner ran the engine with out oil and locked it up.   The engine I pulled out of the Scott is an 18.5 hp B&S Twin but unfortunately I think it would be to light for the Craftsman, it came with a 24 Hp B&S Twin.

I'm really surprised at how long it has been sitting with the elements and all that the seat is in really good nick and the deck is as well.  The Deck was packed with dirt, leaves and grass but just has that one area with a little surface rust.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 GTtalkBill OFFLINE  

GTtalkBill
  • Member No: 82838
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 08:58 PM

Hello HDWildBill. I am interested in the grill assembly from your Scotts L1742 by John Deere. 

#5 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 10:51 PM

Welcome to the forum. The title shows this item as already sold. It is a 3 year old post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold