• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 twostep OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,849 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 02:43 PM

I'm not a mechanic but the ol' man has been a automatic transmission mechanic since he got out of the service ('63) and his work tools are all snap-on, blue point, mac. I think the key is that they last longer and replacement is easier when the tool truck comes to your work.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#17 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 03:05 PM

Cheaper pliers may not have been stolen!  :smilewink:   As for electrical power tools, yes, there is a major difference for dang sure!  And with pliers just as you said.  Cheap pliers & pipe wrenches teeth will round off after a time, while the high dollar ones retain their edges.  I've got cheaper & higher end pipe wrenches, and I use cheater bars many times & have yet to break one, but I'd say I've been lucky. 

Sad part Danial I know who took them but ........ lesson learned, he hasn't gotten any work from me in over 10+ years :bigrofl:

I only have Rigid pipe wrenches 6" thru 4' in steel,

but now as I get older they are mostly the backups to the Rigid aluminum ones :thumbs: 

P.S. on the cheater I have 2" pipe about six feet long , if that doesn't work time for the torch or saw-all :D  

• oldedeeres said thank you

#18 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,246 Thanks
  • 29,700 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 03:24 PM

Ridgid electric power tools are great tools as well.  I have a Ridgid cordless drill, and an impact cordless driver as well.