#1 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 04:52 PM

I sold a tractor, and it was a John Deere. The John Deere 50 farm tractor will be leaving the garage during the second week of June, and for some reason, it hurts! :boo_hoo: I never thought I could ever bring myself to selling one of my toys, but it only seems right to let it go. That size of a tractor just doesn't deserve to be garaged in town. My second cousin is buying it from me to use for cultivating and planting tobacco, because his Ford 8N doesn't go slow enough for the tobacco planting. And he promised that I could come out to his farm anytime I want, and drive it, :dancingbanana: so that's a good thing!

My wife is very happy and proud of me, and normally I like that she's happy, but this time, her happiness for me is almost annoying. :mad2: My daughter (jdelfette) is taking it the hardest, as the 50 was her favorite tractor, and she really enjoyed going for rides with Daddy. The garage is full, so with the tractor gone, I could use the extra room, but the collection just won't feel complete anymore. :(  I tried telling my wife that I feel like it should be replaced with something else, :thumbs:  but she isn't buying it. :ah_shoot: She thinks the goal is to get rid of enough tractors for her to put her car in the garage, and not to replace what I sell. :wallbanging:

I guess life will go on, and it won't be the end of the world, and hopefully there will be a time that I can have another one. Before I bought the 50, everyone used to tell me that I need an old two cylinder, and if I ever got one, I wouldn't go back to the lawn and garden tractors. Well, even though I'll miss the two cylinder, my heart still belongs to my little guys! :love:

• olcowhand, daytime dave, Alc and 12 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 05:06 PM

Time will heal that broken heart!  You did the right thing, and the buyer circumstances couldn't be better!

• johndeereelfman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 05:10 PM

Look at it this way, the tractor will be happier :D

#4 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 05:46 PM

Well at least you can go take the old girl for a spin.I have had some guys tell me I need to get me a big Deere but I can't put all my little ones up the way I would like too

that would just make it worse.

#5 New.Canadian.DB.Owner ONLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 05:51 PM

You could always look for another JD50 ...

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#6 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Boy, you had me worried, Troy! Thought you had bought something Blue or Red! Glad the tractor is going to a home that will let it get a workout once in a while!

#7 Marty'70 ONLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 730 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 06:04 PM

Boy, you had me worried, Troy! Thought you had bought something Blue or Red! Glad the tractor is going to a home that will let it get a workout once in a while!

A working tractor is a happy tractor!

#8 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,607 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 06:09 PM

What? Are you out of your mind??? You've set a baaaad presedence! What are you going to sell next? You know you could have leased it out.

I sure hope my wife doesn't get wind of this!!!

#9 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 06:17 PM

I know the feeling, I feel the same way everytime I sell something.  But I'm glad to hear the 50 is going to a good home.  You will probably miss it, but you've got more room now for the little guys. 

Besides, there's something right about putting an old two cylinder to work doing what they did best, cultivating!

Ben W.

#10 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,321 Thanks
  • 2,414 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 06:23 PM

maybe this will help ease the pain, make the transistion easier, or whatever works....

3G93Kb3N65L45G75Ked5817bb8e534da415b4.jpg

http://kansascity.cr...3792939417.html

#11 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 06:31 PM

Like breaking up with a woman the only way to get over one tractor is to get on top of another one. Go buy something to fill that gap.

• johndeereelfman, Moosetales and boyscout862 have said thanks

#12 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 06:48 PM

Like breaking up with a woman the only way to get over one tractor is to get on top of another one. Go buy something to fill that gap.

I see you've been watching Betty White again!

#13 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 06:53 PM

Start looking for another two cylinder John Deere.  They are addictive and you need at least one.  Line one up before the other one leaves.

You did nice for your cousin too.

#14 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Well, even though I'll miss the two cylinder, my heart still belongs to my little guys! :love:

CALLING ALL MODERATORS!                 CALLING ALL MODERATORS!                               CALLING ALL MODERATORS!

One of our GTT Members has temporarily lost his mind and has placed himself (and his tractors) in GRAVE danger. Troy has temporarily forgotten the GT owner's creed which states one shall NEVER outwardly confess his love for his tractors in such a way that his love for his wife appears to be a distant second. Before Troy's wife catches wind that Troy has devoted his heart to his tractors ahead of her PLEASE wrest control of his post and replace "little guys" with "beloved johndeereelfwife". When he comes back to his senses and is still alive AND his tractors are still safe he will understand and forgive you for the minor (yet crucial) censoring of his post.

Sincerely, Moosetales 

P.S. Hey Troy, you need to spread the remaining tractors out a bit so there is no hole. That way when you get another one to replace the one you just sold your wife won't even notice. Then once it's in the fold pack them all back together and she'll marvel at the new found space in the garage. Don't buy orange, blue, red or yellow or this trick won't work.

Edited by Moosetales, May 08, 2013 - 07:00 PM.

• KennyP, JDBrian, johndeereelfman and 2 others have said thanks

#15 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,700 Thanks
  • 8,893 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 06:57 PM

:say_what: :wtf: :( :( :( :brain_fart:

CALLING ALL MODERATORS!                 CALLING ALL MODERATORS!                               CALLING ALL MODERATORS!

Before Troy's wife catches wind that Troy has devoted his heart to his tractors ahead of her PLEASE rest control of his post and replace "little guys" with "beloved johndeereelfwife". When he comes back to his senses and is still alive AND his tractors are still safe he will understand and forgive you for the minor (yet crucial) censoring of his post.

I'm not touching nothing. I'm going to grab a lawn chair, 3 beers, and see how deep of a hole Troy can dig. I know Troy can change tires real fast, let's see how fast he can change his tune.

• johndeereelfman, Moosetales, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks