#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 10:42 AM

I have the spindles (quills) off the Homelite 48-M deck and as figured lots of bad bearings. As I posted in another thread i got the pulleys off with minimal casualties. The bearings were a mix of manufacturers, Hoover , Japan and NDH ,USA Number Z9504B. They are still available and I was surprised at the range of prices that they want for them. I found them on the internet for $ 3.49 to $25.00 ! Locally I found them for $ 8.00 to $ 15.00! Best price is $ 8.00 ea is at an old Simplicity / Homelite Dealer 96 miles away and he has all that I need. I need 6 of them so it looks like a road trip tomorrow to get them. No one on the internet had all 6 of them and there was a 2 week backorder. Locally here it would be a week. I also found that on the top and bottom of the spindle was a thrust washer that has cork on one side. I surmise that is to prevent moisture into the quill. Getting ready to clean the deck for painting next. Thanks. Roger. 

• boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 11:08 AM

I have about 30 of them in stock for $8.65 each and can send you all you want for around $7.50 shipping

• hamman, boyscout862 and superaben have said thanks

#3 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Thanks bhts, the wife has a trip planned for us for now. If I had known (should of posted sooner) I probably would of taken you up on the offer I do have two other decks to rebuild next year. I will keep this in mind.