• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 machinist OFFLINE  

machinist
  • Member No: 29663
  • 78 Thanks
  • 100 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 04:33 PM

Back to plan A with the splitting maul. I'm seriously working on plan B to build a splitter. I have all the parts on hand, and just got a trailer axle and tires at the junk yard for 75 bucks, so that was already under way. I'll have a splitter soon, so it's not a problem for me.

The Case unit would have been nice, but the one I build will have the advantage of towing it behind my truck, a distinct advantage for me.

Edited by machinist, May 09, 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#17 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,395 Thanks
  • 1,226 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 04:34 PM

You've got to be kidding me. He never got back to me either!

Eric

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

#18 machinist OFFLINE  

machinist
  • Member No: 29663
  • 78 Thanks
  • 100 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 07:34 PM

My dealing with people on Craigslist, more often than not, has been a huge PITA.    I generally ignore it for that reason.   We once drove about 30 miles where somebody said they were giving away about a dozen partial buckets of leftover paint after redecorating their house.   Got there to the given address at the appointed time and the woman knew nothing about the deal.    We checked out the phone number and it turned out it was her nasty neighbor creating problems. 

I have lost a lot of faith in my fellow man lately.   There is a generation of younger people that pull all kinds of stunts just for the heck of it.   I have better things to do than to chase that stuff.    Shoulda known better.

Edited by machinist, May 09, 2013 - 07:36 PM.