#1 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 11:03 PM

Pretty regularly, we spend Sunday evening with some friends of ours that have an 80-acre farm just north of us in Missouri. While there today, we were discussing my friend's desire to be able to plant some garden vegetables next spring. He has a nice fenced area where he has some blackberry bushes growing, and there is ample room in that area for what he is wanting to plant. This area is too small to get one of his regular tractors into, so it looks like I get to plow up some ground for him. I think I'll use the Speedex 1631. AND, guess what? He needs a tiller, and I have an almost new rear-tine tiller that I could bear to part with (already have a Troy-Bilt Horse and the #1 tiller on the Cub 123), and he's agreed to buy it from me. So, not only do I get some good seat time on the Speedex, but I will also be freeing up some space in my storage shed.... always a good thing! I'll try to remember to bring the camera when we do this. It'll be fun!

#2 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 06:05 AM

It's probably a good thing that the area is fenced in. Once you get a start plowing you will have so much fun you will want to plow up his whole 80 acres! You get a bonus of a more room in your shed and some extra money for more tractors! So much for that spare room in the shed! Make sure to take your camera.

#3 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 11:47 AM

It's probably a good thing that the area is fenced in. Once you get a start plowing you will have so much fun you will want to plow up his whole 80 acres! You get a bonus of a more room in your shed and some extra money for more tractors! So much for that spare room in the shed! Make sure to take your camera.

Yes, I'll really have to fight the urge to fill that empty spot with another GT!!! Fortunately, the money received from the tiller is very timely and will go towards some bills that need to be paid. What I really need to do with that spot is park the Cub 123 there. I currently keep it in the enclosed utility trailer, which is kind of a hassle when I want to use it. But, at least it's under cover. Here's something kind of funny..... when my friend and I were talking about his need of a tiller, we got to talking about him finding a used Troy-Bilt Horse like I have. Something finally kicked in and reminded me that "Hey, dummy.... YOU have a tiller he might want!!" DUH!!!

#4 harrycu OFFLINE  

harrycu

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1397
  • 4 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted October 26, 2010 - 09:30 AM

I have some work lined up for my new '83 JD212, also, that is if I ever get some implements to go with it. :)

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 26, 2010 - 09:48 AM

"Normal" people get paid to do such things, but "guys like us" will pay to do it!:bigrofl:
I've only been to one plow day, and cost $60 in gas for the trip. Maybe we should advertise garden services!

#6 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted October 26, 2010 - 12:21 PM

"Normal" people get paid to do such things, but "guys like us" will pay to do it!:bigrofl:
I've only been to one plow day, and cost $60 in gas for the trip. Maybe we should advertise garden services!

I hope to do some garden services in my "spare" time, whatever that is! My friend and I trade back and forth..... he has eggs, split wood, good dry oak kindling from his oak lumber business, and I can trade this kind of work and garden goodies with him. Neighbors of his grow LOTS of produce and have bees for honey. Good people to know!

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 05:37 PM

Sounds like you got a good game plan going.

You can never beat having good people to know. It is nice being able to trade services too.